{Super Saturday Ideas}

I am helping plan Super Saturday this year and here are the projects we will be doing. Just wanted to share.
{Sassy Aprons}
Love these! I found this particular pattern at Ben Franklin Craft’s and Lindsay and I found this cute fabric at Quilter’s Haven in Bountiful! I have always wanted a sassy apron!
Even a mini sassy apron for Abby!

{Magnets}
I had to use your photo Becky-We will be making both large and small glass magnets.

{Greg Olsen/Living Christ Frames}
I am not sure yet how to make these. Another lady in my ward is going to teach us. I’ll get back to you guys.

The next three projects come from the creative mind of Holly: check out her website at http://www.simplycreativecrafts.blogspot.com/
This is going to make Super Saturday so much easier! They are all such cute ideas and I think by far the cutest FHE boards that I have seen.{Recipe Board}

{Large Family Home Evening Board}
{Small Family Home Evening board}

{Recipe Binder}
This is a cute binder I made for all of those recipes that you print from the web or just don’t have a home for. You’ll need a 1 1/2 inch binder, bazzill paper chipboard circles (1 1/4 inch)for the tabs, and scrapbook paper and ribbon of your choice. I digi scrapped the words using the Shabby Princess Bella collection. The paper I used was from this same collection, only you can now find the paper at the scrapbook store. I was really excited about this!

Comments

Looks like you have some cute ideas. You are brave to tackle a sewing project at Super Saturday! We did bread bags once (there is an example on my sassyrooster.blogspot.com blog) & our sisters had a hard time even sewing the bags shut! You must have talented ladies in your ward! The aprons are cute!

Would you be willing to share your detailed directions for the recipe book? I am on our Enrichment committee and think those books are so stinking cute. I would love to make one! We have a planning meeting on Wednesday and I would love to present that as an idea.

I want to come to your super saturday! I am in a ward of retirees and no one, I repeat no one wants to do crafts! (but you can quilt every Tuesday) I would love intructions if available!

I stumbled upon your blog when I googled Super Saturday Ideas, I have an Enrichment Committee Meeting on Tuesday and I needed some ideas to bring. Do you have instructions for the small family home evening board?

I am with Brittany on the magnets. I, too, am a Enrichment Leader and our Super Saturday (actually a “Souper” Tuesday) is in three weeks. The magnets are classy, but probably fairly quick to make. Just what I am looking for. Can you post the instructions, please?Your aprons are so cute. I have been trying to get more sewing done in our ward, but, like Arlene’s comments, my ward is not too sewing saavy.Thanks for all the good info.Leslie

6. Kristi says

I love these ideas!!! I am making a cute apron thanks to the one you have on here & I am making a matching one for my little one!!Love everyones craftyness.

Do you have a name or brand for the Sassy Apron pattern. I found one online but I’m not sure it’s the same one you used. If you could post a name or brand that would be great. Thanks!

Jamie – Is there any way you would be willing to email your digi font/design for the recipe book?? I absolutely LOVE that idea…and would love to do it for our Craft Club….let me know. You can leave a comment on one of my blogs…it emails directly to me. Thank you SOOOO much!! decarsonchronicles.blogspot.com

It looks like everyone is wanting the recipe book instructions, me too! Do you have the recipe boxes R, A, etc. typed up that you could send me? Or can you tell me where you got the font and the scrolls, maybe I can figure it out. Please email me, I would love to do this adorable project!

gwenhooste@hotmail.com
    twinkleblinkle.blogspot.com

I was just thinking that I needed the instructions to the chipboard tabs on the recipe book too! I was thinking about putting page protectors in there like pockets to hold the 3×5 cards, that way at least they are organized into type of recipe, but less work than gluing them in! Really cute ideas! Love them all! Our stake wont let us do Super Saturdays anymore, so we made an Enrichment Group that meets once a month to do crafts! Even better!

11. Mary says

Ah, I am so happy to have found your blog! My ward does a Freaky Friday night in Oct, instead of Super Saturday, so that the husband’s can be home with kids in bed. It goes from 8 or 9- midnight, so much fun. Anyway, they aren’t doing it this year..boo. And in December I am teaching an enrichment craft night in another ward, so I’ve been looking for some great ideas…thanks for all your help!!!
    Mary- http://justacountrygirllostinthecity.blogspot.com/

Hi,
    Im a young woman and i really would like to make a recipe book! i have all the materials and i couldnt make out what the tabs said, well just the last one i hink it starts with a M but not sure! could u sent me directions on how to make ot!
    Ellie Pratt
    (WA)
    email : alohaellie@gmail.com

All of your ideas are so adorable! I just love your blog! Thanks for spending the time to do it. It looks like you may be sending instructions to people for the recipe book. If so, would you please send them on to me. Thanks again!

becdar@gmail.com

I came across your blog ages ago and decided I wanted to make a Recipe Binder as a gift this Christmas. I couldn’t remember how it was done and couldn’t find your site. Alas, I have found it again along with several people asking for more detailed instructions. Do you have some already typed up that you have sent out? If yes, would you mind forwarding them on to me too? I love your book!!

lindsilini@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

15. Jackie says

I’m just new to your blog and I love your recipe book! I was wondering if you would share your instructions for the book. Thank you so much, it’s really pretty.

16. Sarah says

Hi! I love the recipe book and like everyone else, was wondering if you could send or post more detailed instructions. I don’t know how to make the wording on the chipboard circles. lol. Can you email me? sarahlizallen@hotmail.com.

Thank you!

17. Lynette D says

I am trying to think waaay ahead this year for Super Saturday. I have done it for about 8 years now and always put it off too long.
    I love these binders and saw several comments about wanting detailed instructions….did you ever do that? I would love to hear any tips or get a copy of what you used. Thanks so much- people like you make my job so much easier and my family’s life so much more pleasant :)

18. Marsha says

Just came across your blog ~ fabulous! We would love to have the instructions for the recipe book and the magnets (they are great) to offer our sisters for Super Saturday. Thank you for sharing with us!

19. Angela Jensen says

Love, Love, Love the recipe book! I’ve been looking all over for detailed instructions and haven’t found them. Could you direct me to the detailed instructions on your blog or send them to me via email. Thanks!

20. Nicole says

I would also love instructions on how to do your recipe book. That is the cutest thing i have ever seen. Could you send me detailed instructions to my email?

21. Rebecca says

Awesome Ideas…I would also love the instructions on how to do your recipe book. It is perfect, love the style and colors… could you send me instructions or the design for it or direct me to where I could find it to purchase…? beccachristiansen@hotmail.com

22. Gayle Franklin says

Hi: I’m so excited about your ideas and would like instructions on the aprons and the recipe books. Is that still possible? We are having our super saturday in October. Need info ASA! Thanks for posting so many fun ideas. Gayle

23. Sara Hansen says

I love the half apron and would love to know where I can get a pattern to use it for super saturday. Thanks so much!!

24. Martha Patten says

I’ve been looking for a simple format for our family recipe binder, and really like like yours! Are there more detailed instructions you could send me? Thanks!