Perfectly Clear Packaging

We made 12 of the screen printed number shirts for all of the summer birthdays we celebrated! They took care of niece, nephew and neighbor birthdays. I wish I would have taken photos of all the shirts before gifting–we had 2 years through 10 years and I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.

As happy as I was with the shirts, I was tickled pink when I came up with the packaging! I snapped these few photos on my way to the post office to ship this shirt to a new 3 year old. Don’t judge me. Yes it is a dish towel.

See the clear container? Any guesses what it is?

Yep, a Crystal Light container with the label removed! It is the perfect size.

The shirt was tied with a bow and slipped into the tube. I taped the lid shut (just to be safe) and added a label–using a digi element of course. This little tag came from Crystal Wilkerson’s Office Supplies.  Isn’t it perfect? If your grocery store was cleared out of Crystal Light this summer, chances are you live close to me!

Now my mind is turning with ideas of things to ship in the clear container. Back to school supplies. Birthday in a box. Candy. What would you send?

**Disclosure** Crystal Wilkerson has given The Crafting Chicks access to all of her kits with an agreement that we will link to her when using them. She has also given us permission to offer some of our projects using her products as free downloads to our readers.

Comments

1. Angela D. Smith says

I have reused Crystal Light containers for years and love love love them. I have used them for teacher gifts for Christmas mostly, but I have also given the grandparents gifts in them as well. I have always covered mine in scrapbook paper though…but I LOVE the clear idea!

K, that is GENIUS!! I am in love with this idea and am crossing my fingers that our store(s) aren’t out. My husband loves fruit punch Crystal Light, so I won’t even be wasting money just to get containers (which I’m completely not above doing). I’m trying to think what I can do with it to give my son’s new teacher on Monday…..hmmmmm….I’ll let you know if I come up with something….

3. Angie says

Cute container idea! Thanks for linking back on your freezer stencil how-to. I have a little bday coming up (my soon-to be 4 yr old). I’m thinking that a cute birthday stenciled shirt with a ruffle skirt may just be the perfect party outfit for my girl. Keep the inspiration coming!

4. amanda says

Super cute, fun way to ship a gift! I just used a Crystal light container to make a cupcake decorating kit favor for a cupcake theme party and stuck a label on it that matched the party decor.

5. Emily K says

I have two crystal light containers on my kitchen counter…I KNEW there was something to be done with them. Thanks for the great idea!!

6. Deidra says

I’d send something to my sister who just moved to Indiana. Oh wait, I don’t have one of those– but you do!

Nice work! I saw your project on Giver’s Log and just wanted to let you know how nice it looks. Very clean and modern-looking; I really like it. I’m preparing to post about a little girl’s t-shirt I stuffed into a bottle…next time I’ll have to look for something like this so it’s not so tight of a squeeze!

8. April says

Very cute! I have been collecting the Crystal Lite containers from the first one I purchased this past January. I knew It would be good for some kind of packaging (for the holidays) with all the kids I have in my family. I had decided I would use them for a candy station for our family Christmas party. I’m going to have the kids decorate the containers with different types of crafts/stickers/etc. and have them fill it up with the candies they like. I really like your idea as well and will using your idea for the 2 shirts I bought for my nephews bday.

9. Trish says

I sent my daughter some cute socks for her birthday (she LOVES socks) in a Lays Stacks container. It was blue and had a fun shape.