Be Thankful Board

I hope you will all forgive me for starting to post Thanksgiving ideas. I know Halloween isn’t over, but I just love Thanksgiving and the message that we should stop and thank those around us for everything we have.  I also love the food involved in this holiday too. :)

I wanted to make a small something that would help me remember to stop and think about being thankful.  I loved Brooke’s canvas she made last year and wanted to try something like that.  I decided on this Be Thankful wood board.  I hope you enjoy.

You will need:
a wooden board
scrapbook paper
brown paint
Mod Podge
Vinyl lettering
Ribbon if desired (I ended up not using any ribbon)

Begin by painting your board.  I just painted the outside edges and some of the front, but since I was going to cover it, why waste more time painting right?!?

Measure the front of the board and cut your paper to size.  I made sure that my paper was just a smidgen smaller then the front cause I wanted some of the brown paint to show.  Put some Mod Podge on your board and adhere your paper to the board.

Add your vinyl.  I cut mine out with my Silhouette and used Edwardian Script as my font.  Make it any saying that you want.  I then took my sponge paintbrush and just brushed it up against the edged to give it that inked and smudge look.  You can’t go wrong here.  If you get too much paint in a spot just rub it with your finger and it will smudge it again.  I wouldn’t dip your brush at all, just use what is left after painting the board.

Add a top coat of Mod Podge and there you have it.  A beautiful board to remind you to be thankful.

I hope you all enjoy!

xoxo-Becky

Comments

Congrats on being featured on TCB! Let me say, your ideas are over the top fabulous. I think I have enough eye candy to keep me drooling all day. Thanks for sharing!
    God’s blessings,
    Sarah :D

A big giant YIPEE for the feature at TCB! You guys rule. (of course, that’s not news) I love this board. The font is lovely. (and I too, love Brooke’s canvas)

3. Tanya George says

Hi Becky- First of all, I love this! You did a wonderful job! A couple questions….what are the dimensions of the board? Also, if it’s bigger than a 12×12, how do you make it so the seem of the papers do not show….sorry, I’m kinda new at this crafting thing. My friend and I are gonna attempt to make this tomorrow.

Cute sign. Would you be kind enough to share the name of the font you used and also where you got the flourish underneath from. Looks great! Thanks!

5. Cindy says

Did you purchase your board like it is or did you just use a router? If you purchased it can you tell us from where? I absolutely love your sign. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Cindy
      I bought the board at Ben Franklin Craft. Not sure if they are outside of Utah? Hope that helps. I will post the font tomorrow.
      Thanks
      Becky

6. Shannon Spath says

This is adorable. Did you buy the board already cut. It’s got great edges so it looks like it’s not a homemade deal. Also, what font did you use to get the excellent lettering? Will you always include the font name on your projects for those of us that want to copy it with our Silhouette? Thanks!

I did buy the board precut at Ben Franklin Craft. I’m sure you could find one in any craft store that has unfinished wood. It measures 6×12. Let me check on the font and I will post it tomorrow.
      Thanks
      Becky

This is SO cute, and even better something my craft challenged self could probably do. Thanks so so much for sharing. I featured this project on my blog today. Hope you don’t mind!! :)