Teacher Gift Ideas:: Cleaning Supplies

Teacher gift basket With Back-to-School in full swing I have been pondering what to give my daughter’s teacher.  There are so many fun ideas out there and so many cute things to give.  But what do teachers really need?  Cleaning supplies!  I contacted our friends at FebrezeSwiffer,  Mr. Clean, Bounty, and Puffs and they sent me the supplies I needed to get this gift headed in the right direction.

Here’s what I put in my basket:

Febreze Set & Refresh as well as Air Effects to make the room smell yummy after all those kiddos have gone home.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers cause they are MAGIC!

Mr. Clean Spray Cleaner for all those surfaces. (This stuff makes anywhere smell good after use!)

Swiffer Duster

Puffs Plus To Go packs

and Bounty Paper Towels cause you can’t have too many of these on hand around kids.

One thing I found out, is that Bounty has a program called Teacher’s Wish List.  This is a great program that helps teachers get the supplies they need in their classroom.  Go check it out!

So my basket wouldn’t be complete without a cute card.  I found this funny quote that fit my theme.

sticky children
You can download a 5×7 copy here.  For personal, noncommercial use only please!

You could also print this out and place it in a frame for the teacher.  Heaven knows they deal with sticky kids all day long.  I’m sure they would get a kick out of this.

There you have it.  A great teacher’s gift that anyone would love to get.

Thanks again to our friends at Febreze, Swiffer, Mr. Clean, Bounty and Puffs for the supplies.

Comments

1. Vicki says

This will no doubt come in handy in some of the younger grades. A couple of years ago I arrived early for volunteering in my grandson’s first grade class. Teacher was involved in instructing a little girl on how to scrub her chair. She had used an entire bottle of Elmer’s glue and tried to glue herself to her seat.

2. Heather Yates says

That is so cute! The freshners are perfect! My hubby is a teacher and gets lots of plug ins or scentsies but can’t use them because it violates fire codes. So those are perfect!

Thanks tons Heather! I figured they couldn’t use anything like plug-ins or anything with a flame so thanks for letting me know these will work.

3. Kristie says

This is a great idea. But can I add something to it? Be sure to give the teacher the MSDS sheet that goes with the products. They need it in the school, it tells what/how dangerous the product is, what kind of safety precautions are necessary, and how to clean up in case of an accidental spill. The school could get in big trouble with OSHA without these sheets.
    Other than that, this is a great idea that teachers would love in winter time.

Thanks tons! This is good to know. I wondered if it would be a problem sending “chemicals” into a school, but figured they could take them home and use them if anything. Always nice to have those kind of things around!

Thanks tons Kristie!

4. Lisa says

When my son was born 16 years ago, I had read this quote and had it posted on my fridge for years! Thanks for a happy memory and great printable!
    Love your blog