It’s still soup weather if you ask me. I love making soups cause it’s a meal in a bowl. Add in some homemade breadsticks and I’m in heaven.
Here is another easy family favorite recipe. I had a friend bring this after I had a baby and it is a winner. I then took it to my sister after she had a baby and she loved it. Now it is a go to dinner not just for my family but when I take meals to anyone. Believe me, you’re gonna want to print this one and add it to your rotation. Enjoy!
- 1 package Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/14 cup chicken broth
- 1 can corn, drained
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled (I use the real bacon bits)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 3 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- Add potatoes with the contents of sauce mix, onion, water, broth and corn to a large pot. Cook uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat and stir in chicken, milk, evaporated milk, and bacon. Heat thoroughly and serve.