This recipe is an old family recipe but I spiced it up with a little red, white, and blue sprinkle action.
I looked everywhere and could not find red, white and blue jimmies until I went to Bake It Pretty. This store has it all so check it out if you need any baking supplies.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- red, white, and blue jimmies
- red and blue sugar sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together. Grease pan and dust with the red or blue sprinkles. (I dusted with both and it kinda gave it a slight purple tint so you can just use one or the other or both like me.)
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the bundt pan, then pour a thick layer of the jimmy sprinkles over that layer. Pour another small layer of cake batter and more sprinkles. Finish off with another layer of cake and then the sugar sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After baking turn over on top of serving plate, remove the bundt pan, and let cool.