Broccoli Cheese Chowder
Sharing a delicious soup recipe today…a family favorite. Easy and yummy broccoli cheese chowder. My kids gobble this up! I love this broccoli cheese chowder recipe on busy nights. You only need a few ingredients and just 3o minutes!
Serve with a yummy side of bread or fresh rolls.
- Broccoli Cheese Chowder
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 C. Chicken broth
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2-3 C. grated cheddar Cheese
- ½ C. Flour
- 4 C. Cream or Milk
- 1 C. Butter
- Cook broccoli until tender. Cut into pieces and set aside.
- Saute onion in ¼ C. butter until tender.
- In a soup pot, melt ¾ C. butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour until well blended.
- Gradually stir in your milk or cream, chicken broth and salt.
- Stir while bringing to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until thick.
- Add broccoli and onion.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, either serve or keep at low heat.
- Served 6-8.
Check out these other delicious soup recipes: