Hey it’s Christmas Card time again. My Christmas cards and I have a love/hate relationship. I love to send out something cute and fun to wish our friends and family a Merry Christmas, but man…it takes some work, wouldn’t you say? Being a photographer and one who likes to design, I’m always feelin’ the pressure come September to get the ball rolling. I must do it each year though because it’s really been a fun way to display some of our favorite pics of the year and to write our annual Christmas LETTER, as you will see down below. Here are some fun Christmas Card ideas from three of us crafting chicks: Jamie, Kirsten & Brooke.
1. 2007, this is when Jamie had just two little ones…twins. I love the blue and red on this one. Jamie has no idea that I am giving her family’s history. If you are wondering if Jamie is supermom, she is.
A handful of us chicks print our Christmas Cards as double-sided postcards. This is fun because you can add pictures on the back or a Christmas letter, my favorite.
2. I love the pictures on this one. This is 2008 when they grew up just a tad. Jamie always delivers simple, yet lovely designs. This one would be easy to duplicate on Photoshop. All you need is a couple of cute pattern papers, a few digi elements and some cute kid pics. Aren’t her twins to die for.
3. The lovely thing about having babies within a couple months before Christmas is that you can kill two birds with one stone. Christmas Cards & Birth Announcements go well together, and it saves time and money. I about died when Jamie sent us this last year. I love her colors choices and photos. Are you kidding me?? I love Jamie’s pictures, they are so fresh and bright.
4. You can make Christmas Cards even if you don’t use a family picture on the front. Large postcards are great because you can write a family letter on the back, as you will see on this one below. Every year on the back I like to share a Christmas message, then share what each of the kids have been up to. This is the year we had 3 kids, 3 and under….I’m not sure how we even survived.
5. CHRISTMAS CARD/BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT 2008 (patterned papers & ribbon from Damask & Dots kit from Shabby Princess)
BACK-If you don’t choose to do a Christmas letter on the back, more pictures are always fun.
6. 2009 Family Photo & Individual Pics on front. You wonder how we got them all to smile at the same time? Head switching.
7. So Brooke is my cousin. I lovingly refer to her as Cousin Brooke. She is our webmaster, and a smart cookie with a photographic memory, she’s going to die when she reads that last part ;). She won a contest with this one, are you surprised.
8. Brooke’s designs are also clean and simple.