- Get a group of girls together. (We had 5 total, I don’t know that you would want many more people than that unless you have a large kitchen.)
- Have a pre-dinner making meeting to decide what meals you would like to make. Each person should bring their family favorite recipes. As you can see, we made a few chicken things, but tried to incorporate different meats as well.
- One person should gather the recipes and make a list of the different ingredients and how much of everything is needed.
- Shopping lists are made–We sent a group to Costco (we had two shopping carts full of food), and a group to Wal-Mart to gather supplies.
- Each person was given an assignment for prep-work. Mine was to brown the sausage for the Lasagna Rolls. Having the prep-work done helped out so much. It saved us so much time.
- Everyone meets together and the labor begins. We got all 6 meals done in 3 hours.
- Start over!
Our group has been so excited about this. We have started to plan out what our next meals will be. I think we will get together every other month so that we can have a stocked freezer and a variety of meals.
If you are interested in getting any of the recipes or more information, just let me know. I am so in love with this concept, especially with a baby on the way. Who wants to cook when they have a newborn?