Hi everyone! I’m Kim of The Celebration Shoppe and I’m thrilled to be joining The Crafting Chicks today to share one of my family’s favorite Christmas traditions.
Our Christmas tree tells a story. The holiday story of our family. And I love every inch of it!
Almost every ornament was either collected during a holiday outing, given to us as a gift or handmade by my sweet babies. There is nothing designed or matchy-matchy about it, but it’s completely beautiful and wonderfully sentimental!
This paint dipped, hand-drawn snowman ornament is our latest ornament addition. To make these with your kiddos, you’ll need:
- circular, flat front, clear plastic ornaments (I picked mine up at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores)
- pearl white craft paint
- orange and black Sharpies
- flat paint dish or plate
- sheet of paper
To make your own:
- Trace an outline of the ornament on a sheet of white paper and draw a simple snowman face in the outline to get your proportions correct
- Place paint on a flat surface and roll the back side of the ornament around in the paint until covered
- Flip ornament over and allow to dry completely
- Using the guide you or your child drew on the sheet of paper, draw the snowman face on the ornament with Sharpies
- Hang and enjoy
In my opinion, there is nothing sweeter than something your little one made for you. Here are a few of my other favorite holiday projects. I hope you’ll stop by and visit me!
The Celebration Shoppe Blog / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram / Google+