Patriotic Bundt Cake
It’s the season for bar-b-ques and out door eating. It’s nice to have an easy dessert that you can easily share with a group. If you agree then this Patriotic Bundt Cake recipe is for you.
This Patriotic Bundt Cake comes in handy because it fulfills a lot of summer necessities. It’s a super easy recipe that is easy to share, travels well, and is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Everyone will want a slice of this moist and delicious bundt cake. Best of all, it comes dressed up in patriotic colors for your get together.
This recipe is an old family recipe that called for cinnamon and sugar instead of the red and blue sprinkles. To give this cake a patriotic flare I decided to add in the red, white, and blue sprinkles. Feel free to adjust using the cinnamon and sugar if your get together doesn’t need to be patriotic.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- red, white, and blue jimmies
- red and blue sugar sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together. Grease pan and dust with the red or blue sprinkles. (I dusted with both and it kinda gave it a slight purple tint so you can just use one or the other or both like me.)
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the bundt pan, then pour a thick layer of the jimmy sprinkles over that layer. Pour another small layer of cake batter and more sprinkles. Finish off with another layer of cake and then the sugar sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After baking turn over on top of serving plate, remove the bundt pan, and let cool.