I fully admit that I buy banana’s in bulk so that I can turn them into a tasty treat once they’ve gotten really ripe. This Banana Sour Cream Cake might be my favorite. Could have something to do with the cream cheese frosting, and the way the sour cream makes the cake so super moist. Plus I decided to use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, which kicked the flavor up just a bit. I think I’m in love!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (I use 3)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or reg vegetable oil)
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 package (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan and set aside. Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil in a large bowl on low speed until just moistened, stopping frequently to scrape the bowl on bottom and sides. Then beat on medium speed for 2 min. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add in sugar, and beat until smooth and blended.Spread over cooled cake.
Hope you Enjoy!Pin It