I wanted to make sure to share this yummy Chicken Spinach and Bow Tie Pasta Salad with you all before Labor Day. This is such a great salad to take to those end of the summer barbecues and picnics. I first tried this salad at my friend Shannon’s house and it is so yummy and fresh that is is perfect! I also love that you make the dressing and it is fabulous!!
Chicken Spinach and Bow Tie Pasta Salad
I love a good salad when it is hot outside. Chicken Spinach and Bow Tie Pasta Salad can be served as a side, or since it has pasta and protein it can be an entire meal by itself!
First, you’ll mix soil sauce with water to cook the chicken in.
While the chicken is cooking you can start on the dressing. It will need time to cool before serving. Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil while stirring. Boil for 2 minutes, then set it aside to cool.
Next, boil the pasta, according to the package directions.
After the chicken is cooked, you’ll want to shred it.
Mix the pasta with the spinach in a bowl.
Next, add the chicken.
Layer the rest of the toppings on top.
Finaly, add the dressing.
Enjoy! I’m taking this to a party tonight! I can’t wait to dive into it!
For another super yummy salad try this Spinach Tortellini Salad from Jamie.
- 3 cups of chicken
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 11 oz can of mandarin oranges
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- Slivered almonds to taste
- Sesame seeds to taste
- 1 bag of pea pods
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped red onions
- 1 bag of bow tie pasta cooked
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Boil the chicken in the ⅓ cup soy sauce and water. Shred the chicken and set aside to cool
- Boil the pasta following package directions and let cool.
- Mix the spinach and pasta together and then layer toppings as desired.
- To make the dressing, mix the last 7 ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let boil, while stirring, for 2 mins. Let cool completely.