Easy Mini Cheesecakes are a family favorite recipe that has been passed down. You will want to make it a part of your family too.
Easy Mini Cheesecakes
Many months ago I started working on a cookbook compiled of my grandmother’s fantastic and amazing recipes. My grandmother is 94 and she really is an amazing cook and has taught all of her four daughters to also be amazing cooks. I didn’t really realize how lucky I was until I got older and realized that even though I didn’t grow up cooking a lot, I was able to catch on quickly as an adult. I really have a few people to thank for that…my mother, her mother and all my aunts for all the good cooking I’ve experienced in my life. I know what good food is supposed to taste like. I guess you could say, i’ve been trained.
This recipe book is unique and very special and dear to my heart. It’s all of our favorite recipes compiled as well as the stories to go along with them. It’s an undertaking, but so rewarding. For this project, we have been meeting for once a month for awhile, each taking turns making the different recipes and bringing them. I’ve been able to do all the photos for the project as well as gather stories and get it all designed. It should take about a year from start to finish. It will be a family heirloom when completed. Here is one of the many fantastic recipes from the cookbook. It’s a family favorite from my Aunt Sharon. Nom nom nom!
- 3 (8 oz.) pkgs. Softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sour cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- Cherry Pie filling
- There are 3 layers.
- For the first layer, mix together cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and eggs (1 at a time, beating after each one).
- Fill cupcake cups about ½ full mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Next layer mix together sour cream, ¾ sugar, and ¾ tsp vanilla.
- Spoon on top of cream cheese layer while still hot.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more.
- For the third layer, put cherry pie filling on top. Enjoy!
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as our family does.