Easy Key Lime Cupcakes start out as a basic cake mix, but a few extras make it a delicious recipe!
Easy Key Lime Cupcakes
These KEY LIME Cupcakes are divine! And they are so easy to make…because I cheat a little:)
We make these in the summertime. You can make this same recipe using lemon juice. Just make sure you use real lime juice in your recipe:)
- 1 Box of white or vanilla cake mix
- ⅓ C. Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C. Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons Lime Zest (optional)
- 3-4 Drops green food coloring
- 1 C. softened cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1½-2 C. Powdered Sugar
- 2 Drops green food coloring
- It is important to use REAL LIME JUICE!
- Combine the mix with water, eggs and oil. Mix on low for 30 seconds and med-high for 2 minutes. Then add the lime juice, zest and food coloring. Mix for another minute on med-high.
- Scoop into cupcake liners (I use an ice cream scoop) and bake for 12-17 min (depending on your oven and altitude-don't overcook)
- Let the cupcakes completely cool before adding the frosting.
- Cream together the softened cream cheese and stick of butter. Add vanilla and lime juice. Slowly add in the powdered sugar to desired consistency.
- Pipe on the frosting. Then add a Lime wedge on top!
Looking for yummy cake recipes? Try THESE mug cake recipes.
Or this Samoa Bundt Cake