K-O-A All the Way! GO…Camping!
Today we are rounding up some of our favorite camp kid crafts and sharing why we love camping KOA. Kids love camping and it is always fun to bring a craft or two with you when you go! Plus there are many fun “Craft Supplies” you can find in nature…like pinecones, rocks, leaves etc. Here are some kid approved camp crafts!
Summer Walking Sticks @ the Crafting Chicks
Paper Lanterns @ the Crafting Chicks
Homemade Musical Instruments @ the Crafting Chicks (How fun to make music around the campfire)
Pine Cone Animals @ Crafts by Amanda
Wind Chimes @ Fun Family Crafts
DIY Bug Catcher @ Somewhat Simple
DIY Scavenger Hunt @ Nest for Less
Paracord Bracelets @ The Crafting Chicks
I had the opportunity to take my little family KOA camping at Lava Hot Springs, ID. We had a great time! I Loved spending quality time with my husband and little ones. I’m excited to share what we loved with you and the top 5 reasons to choose a KOA campground when camping with your family.
1. Cabins…campers…tents…YOU Choose!: I’m not going to lie…I am not a big camper. I love trips and vacations…but in hotels. I like being able to shower and sleep in a comfy bed. We chose to go with one of KOA’s cabins…because we have small children. I was excited to be able to have the outdoor/camping fun, but sleep in a warm cabin…with easy access to a bathroom. There is a little store in the lobby where you check in..great for when you forget bandaids, tissue, etc . In our case it was mustard for our hot dogs;)
2. Kid FUN! They have a few parks at each KOA and other fun kid activities. We were even invited to do a camp kid craft. The kids made binoculars and telescopes. It was a hit. We even played tether ball…haven’t seen that since grade school!
3. Clean Campground: The campground was clean and well maintained. I felt safer staying with my family in a campground that was being taken care of and monitored. Each member of the KOA staff was friendly and accommodating.
4. Family time! It was so nice to disconnect from work, schedules, and technology and spend time together. We had so much fun playing board and card games, going on walks, swimming in the hot pools, making dinner and s’mores, telling stories, and just being together. That’s what camping is about for me…spending time and not being distracted by life!
5. Great Locations: I was amazed with how many KOA campgrounds there are! Over 400! I loved searching through the different locations. They even have a KOA App where you can search, book, and plan your camping trip. I booked our cabin and location online. The KOA website is easy to navigate, and made it easy to book our trip in just a few steps. I love how each campsite page had pictures of the facilities, details of the campground, and family activities/food/recreation around the site. We will be camping KOA again:)
For more information and reviews you can check out Trekeroo.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
Growing up we always looked for KOAs before anything else. We love them! I’m excited to pass along those memories to our children.
Melissa P. says
I just clicked on your link to the KOA website. It’s great, so easy to use and navigate. Now I know how I’ll be planning our next camping trip!
Cindy Ray says
There is so much to do for everyone kids to adults. I would love to go to KOA with my family. Looks like something we all would enjoy!
Looks like you guys had a fun time – my family would love that!
Kenny Minton says
We love to g camping s a family! With our adult children and also our gran children! Nothing like family time and an firepit.
Amber Mejia says
I can’t wait to get out there and experience all that a KOA Campground has to offer!
Wes Sydenstricker says
Looks very cool. We like to rough it, all 7 of us! LOL! Definately worth checking into though. Nice post.
Heather McKenzie Carter says
That is one great big cabin for sure!
I am a big camping fan and didnt know about KOA until just today. I was excited to find a site very nearby here 🙂
Grew up on KOA campgrounds…
Camping is an experience that all families should share. It teaches a child so much and gives a much needed break to “city slickers” like my family!
Shannon Kemp says
We are so close as a family when camping. Everyone helps everyone, not just our family but those we meet when camping. Everyone is always so quick to help someone else out. I love that!
Jill Carroll says
I have never KOA’ed but I’d LOVE to try!!
These look great! I had no idea they had resort style places. I just thought they were empty grass lots for RV hookups and tent camping. Wow!
michelle elizondo says
Im sold!! I want to go!
Lori K. says
I love that you get to choose cabins, campers, tents! I’m not a huge camper either!
Leigh Anne Borders says
I used to go camping with my grandparents and stayed at KOA campgrounds. I miss doing that so much! We always had a blast! Now that I am a mom, camping is something I know we need to do to connect with one another. I am happy to say we are planning an outing soon!
Camping with my family are my most fond childhood memories & I want my two year old & future children to experience it as I did! This looks like a fabulous location & I’m adding it to my list of KOA’s to check out!
Holly E says
Very cool! I love all the crafting ideas too
Camping is great but we always tent it!
Dallie Davis says
The KOA website IS super easy to navigate! I am looking forward to planning a KOA trip soon!
Brittney Merck says
We have stayed at a KOA a few times before and it was a really pleasant experience.
I think the camp crafts are a great idea especially if you enconter bouts of bad weather.
Ashley Donald says
Oh gosh, these ideas all sound SO FUN! I can’t wait to take my little guy camping 🙂