{ABC Art} Back to School Brainstorm

backtoschoolbrainstormbanner

I needed some ABC art for my Preschool room-yes I am teaching preschool this fall to some very adorable 3 and 4 year olds-can’t wait!  But there is a lot to do and I am excited to share some of the craftiness that has been going on in order to get ready!  First off, I had to share these adorable ABC cards I made as well as an ABC poster for some decor in my preschool room.  These would also be a great additon to kids’ rooms or playrooms.  I also want to introduce you to 2 of my newly found favorite digital scrapbookers-I LOVE their work!

{ABC Cards}

To Make the ABC cards:

I downloaded the adorable flashcards and stickers from the amazing Crystal Wilkerson over at www.jessicasprague.com.  She is one of my newly found favorite desigers.  These flashcards and stickers are adorable & exactly what I was looking for.

Next, I opened up my Photoshop and layered the stickers on top of the flashcards.  I added the letter and word on the card as well.  I cropped them to an 8×10 size and saved them as a .jpeg.  VERY easy and quick!

I then uploaded these babies to Costco to be printed and picked them up the next day.

I couldn’t wait to hang these cards up.  I loved the size-it was just right to go around the top of my room!

{ABC Poster Art}

To Make ABC  Poster Art:

I downloaded these darling alphabet cards from another amazing digital scrapbooker, Zoe Pearn from www.sweetshoppedesigns.com.   She also makes the girl version of these that I had to download for my little girl.  You could also make an ABC book for your little one using these digi cards.

I then placed all of these alphabet cards on a 16×20 blank document in Photoshop.  I moved the cards around on the page until I found a good fit for all of them.

I printed this 16×20 poster at Costco and framed the print in a large poster frame I found at IKEA.

And here you go…some very cute ABC art!

If you have some kid art you would love to share, leave a comment and link-we’d love to see what our reader’s have come up with!  We love to be inspired by you as well!

Comments

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sharing– so cute! I do have a question though. When you print from costco, do you just print or regular photo paper, or do you order some kind of cardstock? They look great and I wondered about that.

Thanks!
    Bethany

• Jamie says

Hi Bethany-Thanks for your comment! I just printed them at Costco on Lustre photo paper and they look great just like that for hanging on the wall. You could mount them on white cardstock to make them a little more sturdy.

LOVE these ideas. I am going to make an ABC poster this week…I hope! Thanks for sharing your tips. Can I ask one more question on the poster…I know you used a 16×20 size in Photoshop, but what did you use for your resolution? I just want to make sure I use the right resolution for printing it out.

Thanks!

• Jamie says

Hi Melissa-thanks for your nice comments-The resolution was 300 for the poster. I usually use that resolution for all of my .jpegs.

I just printed out 3 posters at Costco for my son’s upcoming birthday party. I’M IN LOVE!! They turned out so stinkin’ amazing, I had no idea! I might have found a new addiction. Oh dear!

I love those ABC cards. They are perfection! So clean and simple….but darling!

Preschool at your house? for me, your bravery factor just went up by, like, 1,000!!! I can barely handle the ONE three year old I have to be in charge of. Let alone, asking for others to come join. So impressive!

Good luck! You’re preschool room will be incredible. Can’t wait to see!

4. Chrissy says

So cute!! You gals have the cutest ideas. I LOVE looking at your blog every day and I am always so inspired by what I see. Thank you.

I’m totally loving these, Jamie!! Just might have to go download some myself. :) I love the poster too. Those 16×20 prints turn out great at Costco, I do it all the time too! Can’t wait to see your finished preschool room. Can I come be a student? :)

jamie, these are the cutest posters and abccards i have ever seen, you are so talented and creative!!! good luck on teaching preschool, if my kids weren’t going to day care i’d totally enroll them in your preschool. you’d be an awesome teacher for them!

7. Amy says

I am new to your site and LOVE it! Id like to make the flash cards but I am new to photo shop and ordering prints from COSTCO. So here is a silly question – Did you have to cut out the cards to have the rounded corners or can you order them that way? Thanks so much!

8. cassy says

SOOO cute I love this idea as I am thinking about homeschooling my preschoolers this year. I have a question I have never used photoshop and have no clue how or where to download it do you have any suggestions?

9. Lana says

I love both the poster and cards, so cute! I think it would look great in my kids playroom! I am just curious as to how you adhered the cards to the wall of your room. Thanks for your help! Just stumbled upon this blog. a couple of days ago and I am already loving the cute fun ideas!

10. Maj says

This is a fantastic idea. I’ve been looking for ABC art for my son’s room and this is perfect. I don’t have photoshop though- Do you know if I can group the pictures together any other way-on a PC?

Is there anyway you can email these files to me? I do not have photoshop or the ability to do this myself. I am an elementary school teacher, and this would be the perfect addition to my classroom. Any help would be appreciated!

12. Laura Miller says

Ditto. I am a busy mother of seven, but would LOVE these files. If I could provide prove of purchase from the other ladies, so as not to rob them of their dues, would you be willing to give me the finished files of yours. I just really don’t have the time to put things all together.

13. erica says

Hi_ Don’t know if you check this post any more but I love this! I have a question… the Zoe Pearn alphabet… I was wondering if you think I could make flashcards with those ones, too? On the site it says they “are not flashcard size” though. Are they truly tiny files? Thanks for any info.
    Erica

• erica says

FYI, I did buy the files and yes, they can be stretched to make a nice sixed alphabet for a classroom!
      PS- People, stop asking her to make a poster! She probably has no copyright on the alphabet- only Zoe Pearn does.

14. Jessica says

Hi there! I start my first year of teaching next week and hope to incorporate these in my classroom. You did a fantastic job and they will be so helpful to my second language third grade students. Please let me know if I can download these. Thank you and best of luck!!

15. sue says

Would you be willing to share you files with me? I would be happy to pay you for them. YOu can contact me at suehaydon at gmail dot com.

16. Nicole says

I too don’t have photoshop and would be happy to pay for the files so I can print the flascards. Cn you do that? Or would that be infringing on the original artist’s work? Either way, can you let me know? If it infringing on their work, I could purchase it from them and then purchase the finished product files from you. Exited to hear for you !

17. Tiffany says

Hi Chicks

I would love to order these as is instead of going to Jessica’s page. I see others feel the same way.

Thanks

18. Faith says

Hi!

These are really cute! I was wondering if you could also send me the files of the flash cards and the chart. There seems to be an error each time I click on the hyperlink you provided. I hope you could email me. It would be very much appreciated. :)

My email is faith_0819@yahoo.com

• Faith says

Hi,

19. Faith says

Hi,

I checked the site that you recommended and saw backgrounds but not the actual flash cards. Do I have to layout it myself? I was wondering where I could download the exact picture of the cards and the poster. I’d love to print this out for my daughter. Please please please I hope you could help me out. :)

20. stacy says

Hi,
    is it possible to get the poster you made as a printable? I’m doing my kids playroom and this would be PERFECT! But I don’t have Photoshop to do the poster. Would you mind sharing??!!!

• Jamie says

Stacy, thanks so much. I would love to but I do not have rights to the designs from Zoe pearn. So sorry;)

21. Lissa says

These are so cute and just what I’m looking for for our playroom. Is there a link to the poster so I can print it out at Costco or would I have to make my own? I don’t know anything about Photoshop. :(

22. Diane says

Hi, I can’t seem to access the flash cards…can you help? I’m trying to get them printed for my son’s first birthday coming up in a few weeks. …
    thxs

23. Sherri says

Are these printable? I have been looking for something just like this but couldn’t see where they were available?

They aren’t! Sorry. We don’t have the copyright to offer then as a printable. Jamie was just showing and idea and she tells you where you can get the digital files to make your own.

• Sherri says

Ok thanks, where do you get the digital files so I can attempt to make my own? I couldn’t seem to figure it out. I went to sweet shopped but it just took me to their home page and I tried searching but couldn’t find it. As for the alphabet cards, the link she shares says error when I click on it. Thanks for your help