ONE MORE…SIMPLE Homemade Valentine Card & ***FREE PRINTABLE***

I made our 2011 Valentines finally. 2010′s silly Valentines are HERE. So I had to hurry and post this one so you can use it for Monday’s Valentine parties if you don’t have any yet (or if there are only lame ones left in the store).

This is a really fun idea that was inspired by SUPERMOM MOMENTS.  Sometimes it’s hard to find Valentine ideas for boys.  Here is all you need:

1.  Download the printable below by clicking on the link at the end of this post.

2.  Have your child sign his/her name on the back.

3.  Buy the baggies that you use for hard suckers.  You can buy these at most craft store where the sucker molds are.

4.  Buy a whole slew of bouncy balls and fold paper in half then staple them together.

Here is the link to download: You Make My Heart Bounce thecraftingchicks.com.jpg

What are your fun Valentine ideas?

Happy Valentines :)

xo,

Kirsten

Comments

• Kirsten says

When people say this, it always helps me to remember to cherish them more and hold them a little longer while they are young :) Thanks :)

1. Tiffany H. says

You’re right, it’s so hard to find good boy Valentine stuff. Love this idea and the tag is great! Thanks so very much for sharing.

2. Nan says

I just love this site, I’m a Sunday School teacher who can use new ideas, and am happy to find The Crafting Chicks! I love working with paper! Thanks for sharing so many great ideas!

3. Andrea says

Is there any way you can email the file to me? I really want to use this but can’t get it to work. Thanks so much!

4. irene says

My son made and brought these to his class today. It was way too fun being the photographer with 25 kids bouncing their bouncy balls in the class room! Even the teacher had fun. Thanks for the mischief!!

5. nicolle says

Hello, this is super cute and super smart! But the link doesn’t seem to work for me either. I would love to do it for this Valentine’s Day. Hopefully if you have time you can send me the file.

Thank-you!
    Nicolle

6. Kristin says

This is a brilliant idea! Where did you get your bouncy balls from? I’m having trouble finding cute ones on amazon & oriental trading. Thanks!

7. Tami Wheeler says

Can you e-mail me the Bouncy ball cards, I can’t get it to print correctly off of the link. It is super big and it doesn’t even get one card on a piece of paper.
    Thanks

8. Aimee says

My son wants to have these as his valentines. The link goes to pinning it on pinterest. I did that, but it doesn’t give you the printable. Please help. Thank you!!!

9. Suzanne says

This link sends me to an error page on Pinterest. So sad :-( I bought the balls and bags already. Hope it works in time for Valentines!

10. Amanda says

The link isn’t working for me either, but if you click on the picture it shows it to you large enough that it should work if you right-click the image and save it. (At least, I think it’s high-res enough to still work as a printable.) Hope that helps someone. Thank you for the cute idea!

11. Cammie says

I, along with the other ladies above, was sent to Pinterest when I clicked on the link. Our bouncy balls are in bags ready to go as well. Would you mind posting a new link or emailing it? I just LOVE this idea – such a great non-candy Valentine that works for boys too. Thank you so much for sharing your idea!

12. Amanda says

Sorry to be repetitive, but I am not able to print the download. The link works in the sense it allows you to view it, but not print.

13. Christina says

I just copy and pasted the image above into a Word document and will print from there. I am also unable to print it as it is currently written.

14. Carolyn says

Thank you for this! I didn’t have any trouble printing this out. SO easy!! I have almost 100 valentines to make this year and this is so cute and so easy – and NO candy. :) Thank you for sharing the printable. That was very generous and I am very grateful.

15. Kelsey says

HEY…….to all of the gals that are unable to print correctly. Are you using Google Chrome Browser? IF you are…..that is your problem. Many things don’t print correctly through Google Chrome. Don’t ask me why ;-) Open a different browser: Explorer or FireFox and print. Or….look it up at work on a different browser and then save it to a drive or whatever and print at home. Chrome as a browser rocks, but as a printable platform……the communication just doesn’t crossover well. Good luck!

16. Dory says

Love this idea, but I can’t print either. Using Internet Explorer, can’t “copy” to Word and cannot print from original download. Anyone with success, please share!

• Kristy says

When I double click on it, it asks to Open, Save, or Save As. So I save it to my desktop and it opens but cannot print it. It doesn’t Unzip for me, unless it’s user error, which could be the case! :( I am really hoping to use this as I am ready to bag the balls for my 3 sons valentines party! Can you email it to me: kristy.headrick@sbcglobal.net?

• Kristy says

I DID IT!!! I had to say Extract Files, then it took it out of the zip and into a different file. :) Thank you so much for sharing your work!!

1. [...] 2. You Make My Heart Bounce bouncy balls: You can pick up a ton of bouncy balls either at the Dollar Store or in the favors area of any party store (or store section;). There is a pdf and directions over at The Crafty Chicks. [...]