{“TWEET! TWEET! YOU ARE SWEET!” Easter Treat Ideas & Free Tags!}

Today we will be sharing these adorable treat ideas as well as some other “SPRING” ideas on Channel 2 Fresh Living today!  Kirsten and I have some crafty things up our sleeves for you!

I know it is a bit early, but in every store, Easter candy is staring me in the face!  I love Easter candy, especially the mini Cadbury eggs!  I cooked up a few great ideas for treat holders, tags, and treats to share with others, or make with your little ones.  So let’s get started!

To make these nests you will need:

-1 bag of large marshmallows

-2 cans Chow Mein noodles (in the Asian food section in the grocery store)

-2 T. butter

-cooking spray or shortening (to rub on hands to form nests)

Just like Rice Krispie Treats, melt your butter and add marshmallows.  When melted,  carefully stir in the noodles (so they don’t break), kinda just fold in with a spatula.  Let them cool, but not completely.

Then take some cooking spray or shortening and coat your fingers.  Then grab a handful of mixture and mold into a nest shape.  This is great for your little ones to do too (but make sure it is cool enough:)

Let the nests cool completely.

Now for the fun part.  Add Peeps and mini Eggs.  My little ones especially loved this part!  Aren’t these cute!

I made some tags to go with these treats in Photoshop and you know we love to share-so here is the link:

(personal use only please!)

Easter Tag Download Button Below

{All printables and downloads designed by The Crafting Chicks are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Please do not alter or claim as your own. This file is not intended for resale, nor are the printed versions of this file. Feel free to link back to www.thecraftingchicks.com if you like our printables, and we’d appreciate a comment if you download.}

You can print the tags, cut around them with scallop scissors and attach with pretty ribbon or ric rac.

Now for these cute, cone-shaped critters.  These were so easy and fun to make.  I made a bunny, chick and carrot-but you could make any critter.  You could let your kids get creative and make thier own.

First, make a pattern for your cone.  You can make it as small or big as you want.

Then Place the pattern on your paper and trace around.

Then, make a cone shape and staple the back together.

Now grab some felt, pom-pom balls, whiskers, and googly eyes and make the cones into critters.

Add the tag, and some treats inside your cone.  It’s ready to give to someone special!  I was excited to be able to use the “Hippity-Happity Spring” tag on the bunny critter cone!

XOXO Jamie

Comments

1. Kristy says

Can I just say how much I loooooove this blog? Thank you so much for your cute ideas, and especially the free printables!

2. Katie says

Just wanted to say that I am one of your newest followers! I ADORE your blog and the creative ideas that you share. I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE your free printables-so generous to share with us! Thanks again!

3. Pip says

Ooh..I just had a thought as I was reading this cute how-to. What about using All Bran instead of Chow Mein? I’m not sure how it would work, but I love sneaking in healthy stuff even when you’re covering it in sugar and candy haha!

Of course, I’m in Canada and perhaps you don’t have all bran?

Those are so cute, I am looking forward to Easter and with these cute cone basket and printables I’ll have some festive handouts for the little ones.

5. Kelly says

The recipe my family has used for years has peanut butter in it as well. It really adds to the flavor of the bird nest.

6. Shannon says

I made them this morning with pretzel sticks! Not nearly as cute but I couldnt find the noodles at the store I was in but they were still a big hit!

anyone know how many “nests” the recipe makes? I’m trying to make these for my sons kindergarten class…would love to know how many supplies I need to buy! thanks!

You share the cutest ideas! I have to put together a two week summer camp session for first through fourth graders so I’ve been hunting for ideas. I’m so glad I found you. I could change up the wrappers for different holidays.

Debbie

9. DSG says

I made them yesterday for my daughter’s preschool party today. I started to get the chow mein noodles and the trans fats stopped me in my tracks. So I decided to try All Bran twigs instead. Wasn’t sure if it would go over with the little ones but mine loved it. And they turned out as cute as could be.

I basically made the typical krispie treat recipe (3 tbsp butter, 1 bag marshmallows and 6 cups cereal). This made about 19 nests. I used greased regular muffin tins to form the nests (smooshed them down in there and formed a pocket for the goodies). Only catch is I took them out of the muffin tins to put on a tray after a half hour or so…thinking they were fairly cooled. Later, they started to sag and some pieces fell off. Don’t know if that’s because of the cereal (vs noodles). But they’re fine and I can just stick the broken pieces back on. But maybe I should have left them in the muffin tins till the serving moment.

Such a cute idea. They turned out great. Thanks for the idea!

Just stopping by to let you know that I’ve featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I’d love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

11. Kim says

Thank you so much for sharing these great ideas and the free printables! I think I’ll make the nested Peeps with my son for his class! I love that they’re not just “Easter” treats and tags since there are children of different faiths in the school. Everyone can and should celebrate Spring after a loooong winter though – it’s still snowing here on March 24th!! :-) Thanks again!

12. Stacy says

I just stumbled on this site . . . .it is fantastic !!!! I will be sur to keep checking back constantly !!!! The nests with the Peeps are so adorable !!!!

13. Ruthie says

I think I’m going to try the birds’ nests using All Bran like some of the other ladies have suggested. I’d like to include peanut butter for some added flavor and nutrition. Anyone know how much peanut butter I should use and any other changes to the recipe that I need to make because of the peanut butter?

14. Dorothy and Molly says

These were so fun to make! We put them on top of cupcakes and they turned out fab! However, the nests were hard to mold! We used jelly beans instead of eggs. Happy Easters!

15. Tiffany says

Your website is the best ever!!!! I tried to print the easter printables and it said the link is invalid. Are they still available to print??

16. Leslie says

Thank you for the adorable printables. I really enjoy your blog. I printed out your Easter print last year :)

17. Mary K. says

Thanks so much for sharing this idea. I work with special needs children and they will enjoy this activity so much. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your ideas for us to you to share with others. Much appreciated.

18. Jennie P says

Hello! I absolutely love these nests and am going to make them for my daughter’s preschool class for Easter. I am wondering someone who has made these (or the poster) could let me know about how many “nests” this made with the quantities listed above? I am trying to figure out how much of everything I will need! Thank you :)

19. Sharon says

You are a life savor! I just had a baby and I was searching for some cute non religious labels to be attached on some treats for my oldest pre-school class. Since I dont have much time right now I didnt want to create them on my own. These were perfect,thanks a bunch!

20. Tasha says

Love the bird’s nest!
    I wanted to know about how many does this recipe yeild? That way I know how much stuff to buy. =)

21. Amy says

Thank you SO MUCH for the super cute tags! You saved me on a school night before a class party!!

#lastminutemom