I’m a long-time fan of one of our newest sponsors, JessicaSprague.com, so I’m excited to highlight this awesome website today (along with a fun giveaway)! Jessica Sprague and her team of extremely talented digital designers are well known in the digital scrapbooking world and beyond, and help you take memory keeping and technology to a whole new level. I love how her home page says “Use technology to beautify, enhance, record, celebrate, and tell the stories of your life. I’ll show you how.” And Jessica does it so well and has the ability to teach us all how to do it too.
I’m super impressed with the quality and the variety of products and classes available on JessicaSprague.com. I mean, there is something there for everyone, whether you are a digital scrapbooker like many of us Crafting Chicks and rocking Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, or looking to improve your photo editing skills, or have the desire to take on Adobe Illustrator! (That’s the one I’m interested in next!) The prices are very affordable, especially for the quality of education, some of the shorter courses being offered for only a few dollars.
There’s a new FREE (yes, free!) Photoshop class that I wanted to tell you about, since we get A LOT of questions about Photoshop. It is called The Photoshop Top 5: Five Techniques Everyone Should Know, and it runs all next week! To register for this FREE class all you have to do is enter in a code and you will be automatically registered!
And click here to register and here is the code you enter on that page: PSTOP52012
Woo hoo! Free is awesome! So be sure to check that out.
Today I am going to highlight three of the online classes available at JessicaSprague.com, and they all have one thing in common: SILHOUETTE! If you have a Silhouette, whether you are a beginner or a pro, you will love these classes and videos. I just recently got my hands on a CAMEO and thought this post and giveaway came in perfect timing!! I’ll tell you a little bit about each of these classes and then I’ll share my thoughts on them after.
This is the first class in the Silhouette series, and they are all taught by the talented designer/teacher, Kerri Bradford. This class is an excellent place to start, and even seasoned Silhouette-ers would probably learn a trick or two! Kerri gives you a basic overview of how to use the library for Silhouette shapes + shapes from outside sources as well as show you the basic tools and menus to help you get on your way to making your first cuts! And not only will you make your first cuts, but you’ll walk away with an adorable mini album as the class project! For more detailed information about this classes you can click on the title above.
Once you are comfortable with your Silhouette, more adventures await! In this class Kerri will teach you:
Getting more from Weld. Understand more about the Weld tool as well as point editing and start making shapes of your own.
Beyond the Words. Look at other fun ways to manipulate your text using paths and fills.
Align+Replicate. Learn how these features can help you to better designing as well as simplify your process.
Make Your Own Backgrounds. Now we’ll be using these tools to make our own background designs.
Print+Cut. See exactly how to do a Print+Cut and learn to make your own. It’s one of the finest features of Silhouette, in my humble opinion.
Trace. Learn how to take an image from a JPEG and turn it into a Print+Cut or even a brand new a cuttable shape.
Design your Layout. Learn how you can use Silhouette to lay out your entire project, from start to finish.
Silhouette: Designer Edition 1: on sale for $25
This is the newest Silhouette class offered at JessicaSprague.com, focusing on the new Designer Edition software. You get caught up in the excitement and the possibilities right along with Kerri as she takes you through the ins and outs! In this course Kerri teaches:
- What You See – We’ll talk about all that’s new in Silhouette Studio’s Designer Edition.
- Importing SVGs – So many outside sources for great shapes. I’ll show you how to get those SVGs into your Library and how to work with them.
- Fill Patterns – Ohhhhh boy. That’s all I can say about this baby! Just you wait.
- New Tools – Sooo much more that you can do with the new Shear, Knife + Eraser tools!
- Rhinestones – It’s more than just a bling-thing.
- Sketch – You can look like an artist without really drawing a thing.
- Use What You’ve Learned – Now let’s take what you’ve learned and make some cool things!
I had the opportunity to take all three of these classes and I learned a TON from them! I really enjoyed them and can’t wait to do more and use my CAMEO to its fullest potential! Or at least attempt to! Here’s what I liked about the classes:
- Each class has FIVE SETS of video lessons that are divided into bite-size, doable tasks. The lessons are super clear and easy to follow. I love how the classes are self-paced—meaning, you can watch the videos and print out the notes anytime you want! You can rewind the videos as many times as you need to. You can access the information today and 3 months from today—they never expire!! SO GREAT.
- Kerri provides you with a ton of great products that are included in the class, so that you are able to follow right along using the same shapes and files and even fonts that she is using. Plus you have all the tools you need to actually create a darling project at the end of the course!
- In addition to the videos, you are given DETAILED PDF notes for each lesson! I loved that if I had a question about something I could either track it down on the video or look it up in the notes.
- Kerri has a sense of humor and it shows in her videos. It feels like she is teaching you from the comfort of your own home as a good friend! She’s so down-to-earth and extremely knowledgeable.
Now for the GIVEAWAY!
Our friends at JessicaSprague.com have generously offered to give a spot in ALL THREE Silhouette online classes to one of our readers!!! Here is how you can enter, and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway will end Sunday June 17, 2012 at midnight EST. A winner will be chosen and notified via email on Monday 6/18/12 and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.