Boredom Busters for Kids
Keep Kids Busy with these Boredom Busters
Finding ways to keep kids occupied can be somewhat of a challenge. Take a look at ways to keep kids busy with these boredom busters. Turn fidget spinners into a way for kids to learn with a smile on their face, get those hands dirty by making slime, all while turning free time into a fun time!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Fidget Spinners: These fidget spinners are all the rage lately with kids. Not only do they keep kids’ hands occupied, there are also a ton of different games and activities that can be used to fill even more time. Plus…. it throws in some exploring and even some learning! These fidget spinners come in a variety of colors and different materials. Some are neon, others have lights, and there are even some more sturdy ones that are made from metal.
Fidget Spinner Activities & Games
Ever since fidget spinners made their grand entry, kids and adults alike have been creating some incredible games and activities. Take a look at these great ideas below. Adding these ideas to the use of fidget spinners gives kids even more of an opportunity to keep busy while doing something productive.
- Fidget Spinner Data Investigation Activity Booklet: Conduct experiments and log the data with this free activity booklet. Perfect for the kiddo who is always asking, “Why?”
- Fidget Spinner STEM Challenge Cards: Use these cards to challenge your fidget skills! Great way to sprinkle in some STEM concepts as well.
- Fidget Spinner Art Firework Craft: With a little bit of paint kids can make some really incredible art with their fidget spinners! Perfect for wall art, or even handmade thank you cards.
Here is an incredible book, Fun with Fidget Spinners, that is full of even more great ideas. Amazon also has a great selection of Fidget Spinners for you to choose from. Another great advantage of fidget spinners is that they help keep kids busy without the use of electronics! Score!
- Cra-Z-Slimy Creations!: This kit has everything you need to make glitter slime. It would be perfect for kids who love unicorns or galaxies.
- Glow in the Dark Slime Science Kit: Take slim up a notch with this glow in the dark kit. Light up the dark with this gooey creation.
- It’s Alive Slime Lab: Use this lab to bring your slime creations to life! The Slime-O-Nator causes the slime to grow, dance, and even change shape.
- Weird Slime Workshop: This workshop comes with a bit of a twist. It uses slime to make a variety of gross things such as eyeballs and worms.
Making Your Own Slime
Of course, you don’t have to have a kit to make your own slime. All you’ll need are a few simple ingredients, supplies, and a recipe. Here are some of the necessities to keep on hand.
- Elmer’s White Glue
- Elmer’s Clear Glue
- Eye Contact Solution
- Mixing Bowls
- Plastic Containers to Store Slime
- Starburst Candy
- Homemade Slime: This is a traditional recipe to make slime using borax and glue. It is the perfect all around recipe to use.
- Super Simple Slime: If you would like to stay away from Borax, use this recipe that uses contact solution instead.
- Fluffy Slime: Yes, you can make slime fluffy too. All by adding some shaving cream!
- Edible Starburst Slime: This is great for kids who haven’t learned to stop putting everything in their mouths just yet. And, it smells good enough to eat!
If you want to get straight to the fun of playing with slime, you can always buy some. Check out all of the different Tubs of Slime! I’m sure these will thrill those kiddos.
Random Boredom Busters
Here are a few random picks that I had to include in this list of boredom busters. I didn’t want you to miss out on all the fun!
- Magic Science Kit for Wizards
- Disgusting Science Kit
- Wikki Stix Kit
- Yo Yo’s
- Silly Putty
- Klutz LEGO Chain Reactions
- Ultimate Wrap Bracelets Kit
As you can see there are a variety of ways to keep kids busy. Not only will these items help kill the boredom blues, they keep kids away from electronics! What boredom busters would you add to this list? Share your ideas in the comments!
For more Boredom Busters for Kids try: