One of my favorite treats to make is this Gooey Chex Mix. It is super easy and quick, but is so yummy. It makes a great treat to share for parties or snacking. Believe me, you’ll want to share cause you could eat the whole batch yourself, it’s that good.
- 6 cups of Rice or Corn Chex
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups nuts (I use slivered almonds)
- 6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- ¾ cup butter (make sure you use butter no substitutions)
- In a large bowl mix the Chex, coconut, nuts, and Golden Grahams. Set aside.
- In a pan mix the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Pour over cereal mixture, and mix well. Pour out onto waxed paper to let cool.
I always watch for cereal sales so I can stock up and make this anytime I need it. Where would you take this tasty treat?