This Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad with Chicken is a crowd pleaser. If you are tasked with taking a salad to a pot luck or party, you’ll want to whip this up.
This is the tastiest recipe!!
I can’t claim it though. I was at a luncheon this last Saturday and this was on the menu and I had to find the recipe. I finally tracked it down and had to make it on Sunday. The origin of this recipe is unknown, but I’m glad I got my hands on it. I had never purchased shallots or tarragon but it was a new experience and I will be making this again.
I modified it a little bit, added more tarragon, more lemon and took out an ingredient. These flavors are just spot on and act as though they were made for each other.
Here’s the recipe that I ended up with after my modifications.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (cook as directed)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ⅔ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup Mayo
- zest, juice and pulp from 1.5 lemons
- 1 T. minced shallot
- 1-2 T+ fresh tarragon leaves chopped
- dash of salt
- ½ to 1 tsp sugar
- Mix all together. Pour over salad and let marinate 30 min to 2 hours.
Another favorite salad recipe is this