{Leprechaun Treasure Hunt-Follow the Colors of the Rainbow + FREE DOWNLOADS}

I am planning a “Leprechaun Treasure Hunt” using these shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day in my preschool class.  I will hide the clues (shamrocks) throughout the class, or in the backyard (depending on the weather).  The kiddos will follow the colors of the rainbow starting with the rainbow colored shamrock, then red, orange, yellow, green, blue & purple.  At the end of the rainbow, a treasure awaits!  I haven’t filled the treasure chest yet, but check back on Saturday and I’ll share my ideas for that as well as a sneaky way to make leprechaun footprints!

If you would like to download these “Rainbow Shamrocks” and send your little ones on a leprechaun hunt, here is the link:

[wpdm_file id=12]

***After downloading the zipped file to your computer, right click on it and then select extract.  It should open the file and you are good to go! Remember, these downloads are for personal use only please***

For a fun twist, you could make Nikkala’s Leprechaun Trap and then hide the first clue inside the trap!  They may not catch the leprechaun, but at least he could leave a note!  How fun would that be?!

Comments

I am so in love with this idea.
    My son will not be in school on St. Patrick’s Day…but I think he (and his little sister) will love this activity!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

2. Gail riegel says

these are four leaf clovers a shamrock has three leaves, St. Patrick used them to teach the holy trinity.I love the idea though!

3. Kris says

We did this today with our moms’ group! The kids had a great time. We had one “big kid” who did all the reading, and the little ones looked around for the shamrocks. Thanks for sharing the printables!

4. sara says

i realize that this is older, but i’m LOVING it and would love to do it for my boys… but the linkage isn’t working :( any suggestions? thank you!

5. Jennifer says

Love this idea! I could not get the download. Could you email to me perhaps? Planning a Kinder party and this would be PERFECT!!!

6. Stephanie says

I am a Kindergarten teacher in Florida….love this idea but couldnt get them to download/print. Any suggestions or can you email the file to me? Love…love…love! I am also using your Mother’s Day questionaire with my Kinders – their answers are a hoot! :)

7. Ashley says

Can you email me the link? mine is also saying it is invalid. Came across this on another website that linked me here. Love this!

8. Dana Harris says

Love this idea!!! I want to do it for my son’s preschool class but having problems downloading?… Any suggestions? Thank you for posting!

1. […] It starts with a rainbow shamrock card with a cute riddle detailing the hunt.  There are shamrocks of each color of the rainbow for the kids to find in order, and at the end–a treasure of your making of course.  It is a great way for young kids to practice their colors plus eventful for all kids to receive treasures from a secretive leprechaun!  And who doesn’t love a good treasure hunt? To see the whole list of shamrocks and download them, head over to The Crafty Chicks. […]