Happy New Year 2013!! We hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones! Us Crafting Chicks decided to take a few weeks off for Christmas break and will resume normal posting next week, but I am popping on here today to share an incredible giveaway!! A great way to start the new year off, right??
Last month I was thrilled to be sent a new high-efficiency washer and dryer pair from Amana to review as part of a campaign with TodaysMama.com–this was super exciting for me especially because we’d had our washer and dryer set since we first got married and they were tired. I was eager to see the difference in how much more energy efficient they’ve become over the past 12+ years and and what options were available nowadays. Plus I was hoping they would magically make me fall in love with doing laundry. Uh,
maybe definitely, that last part was wishful thinking, ha! But truth is, I have been very happy with my Amana set for the past several weeks and I wanted to share some info and what I love about my new washing machine and dryer! And then we’ll chat about a giveaway.
The Amana® 3.6 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Washer with Stainless Steel Wash Basket is a high-efficiency top load washer.
- I’m still a fan of the top loaders because I like being able to add extra clothes in while I’m soaking my laundry.
- I’m happy that it’s ENERGY STAR® qualified–helps conserve natural resources and save money on our utility bills.
- A selling feature for me on this model is that it uses a low-water wash system—optimal cleaning with as little as 13 gallons of water. What is so cool about this machine is that you put the detergent in first, then your clothes, and then when you press START it senses how large (or small) the load is, and adds water accordingly! So smart. I’ll admit, we had to get used to the new sounds and clicks this washer makes, it’s pretty different from our old set. But we really like it!
- It has a stainless steel wash basket which resists scratches and rust to help prevent snags and stains on fabrics.
- I love how large the basket is. It doesn’t have a middle part sticking up which lets me get more laundry in at once.
- I also appreciate all of the options. Like the “bulky items” option is great for washing sheets and comforters, or loads of jeans. I like the “cool darks” and “cool lights” options too along with the “extra rinse”.
- The cycle status makes it easy to see where it is in the cycle. I can pause the cycle or start over whenever I want.
- This dryer definitely can handle large loads–this is something I noticed from the get-go and I love it.
- A favorite feature is the interior light! Makes such a difference when unloading the laundry and I never realized how much I missed it before! No kidding!
- It has automatic dryness control sensors that monitor the temperature—automatically stops when fabrics are dry to help reduce shrinking.
- This dryer dries our laundry much faster than our old model.
- There are many different drying options–automatic dry, timed dry, air dry. You can choose low, medium or high heat as well.
Bottom line: I LOVE this washer and dryer set from Amana. While I still don’t particularly enjoy doing laundry, I have definitely noticed an improvement in efficiency and the cleanliness of our laundry. Perhaps at least that’ll help me in my resolution to not leave clean laundry in the laundry baskets for weeks on end. Thanks, Amana! Now, for the exciting giveaway!! Maybe you were hoping for a new washer and dryer from Santa but he didn’t deliver? Maybe you’ll have a lucky start to 2013 and you can win a set!
One lucky winner will receive an Amana Washer and Dryer of their very own!
Entering is simple, follow the directions using the Rafflecopter box below!
Giveaway runs from January 2, 2013 through January 16, 2013 (at 11:59 MST). Winner will be notified by TodaysMama and will be announced in the Rafflecopter widget as well as on Facebook. Good luck!!!