These Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes are the perfect treat. I love the tart lemon flavor with the smooth cream cheese. But let’s face it, I’d eat almost anything with a cream cheese frosting on it. These Lemon Cream cupcakes totally deserve the cream cheese frosting.
This recipe is really easy and makes enough to share. Which you’ll want to do because I could eat the whole batch in one sitting. That’s the thing about cupcakes. They are like mini cakes so I feel like I can eat more than I probably should.
I like to take these to parties, picnics, or bar-b-ques. They are easy to dress up with an extra lemon or two using the peel or lemon wedges. You’re gonna look like a rock star when you take these places.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) jell-o lemon flavored instant pudding
- 1 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 package (16 oz) powdered sugar
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 Tblsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, egg whites, and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 mins. Spoon batter evenly into muffins cups.
- Bake 21-24 minutes or until done. Cool completely
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, butter and nice with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Frost cupcakes.
The cake comes out almost like an angle food cake because of the egg whites. You could substitute whole eggs if you want a heavier cake.