Hello again Crafting Chicks! I’m Michelle from Michelle Lea Creative. Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite things! You’ll laugh when I tell you that it is a Cleaning Checklist. I love this cleaning checklist and use it each week to keep the house picked up and ready for a knock on the door. I have to be honest though… there are many times when I would die if someone showed up. My house can look like an episode of Hoarders on certain occasions. This cleaning list is meant to encourage you to do a little at a time and stay on top of your calendar for the next day… not to remind you of what you haven’t accomplished. There are far more important things than a spotless house.
My cleaning list doesn’t involve cleaning for hours each day. I believe in breaking things down into 15 minute or less tasks. The cleaning list also targets a different area/task each day. A big helper for me is preparing for the next day at night when the house is calm.
Click image to download your pdf file
I have also listed 7 deep cleaning items to tackle each month. I typically work on them on the weekend or a day that I have caught up…. or when those dust bunnies on the fans have driven me crazy.
Cleaning Tips from the not at all great cleaner 🙂
1. Keep your cleaning products in a location that makes sense. I have all of my extra bottles in our laundry room, but I keep the supplies that I need to clean up the kitchen under my kitchen sink. I also keep the supplies needed for the bathroom in one central bathroom. This helps to cut down on my time spent running all around the house for the right cleaning supply.
2. Limit yourself to cleaners that do double and triple duty. I know that there are some cleaners that you just have to have, like stainless steel cleaner. But I use my window cleaner for way more surfaces than just windows and mirrors.
3. Have an area just inside the door you use to enter the house to drop your shoes, backpacks, etc. Leaving shoes at the door cuts down drastically on the dirt, mud and icky stuff that ends up all over your floors. I also use this area for keys and all of the mountain of things that I transfer to and from my car.
4. 15 minutes. When areas are getting out of control or you just don’t feel up to cleaning. Set a timer for 15 minutes and get everything done that you can and then give yourself a break and relax. You will be amazed at how relaxed you are after and how willing you are to finish cleaning and tidying up the rest beyond that 15 minutes.
5. Amazon Subscribe and Save. This probably sounds funny to some people. But I order my toilet paper, paper towels, detergents (dish, washer, and dishwasher), and cat food from Amazon Subscribe and Save. It automatically sends out another shipment at the interval that you choose and you typically get a discounted price for your larger quantity order. I’m also an Amazon Prime member so I get free 2 day shipping which is soooo awesome!
Years ago, I had tons of cleaners for every little situation. And I still have a few unusual cleaners in the back of my cabinet, but these are my everyday messy tacklers. I also really don’t like chemical smells, so many of the cleaners I use are more natural… at least to my nose.
– Sprayway Glass Cleaner
– Method Granite Cleaner
– Method Bathroom Cleaner
– Method Wood Floor Cleaner
– Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner
– Mrs. Meyers Dish Soap
– Cascade Complete Dishwasher pacs
– Tide Pods and All Free and Clear for laundry
– Swiffer Dusters
– Magic Erasers
– Scotch Kitchen Sponges
– Bounty Select a Size paper towels
– Dust Pan and Broom
– Bona Microfiber Wood Floor Mop
Thank you so much for spending a few minutes with me today! Stop by Michelle Lea Creative and say hi!
If you liked this post check out: