Making this Layered Ice Cream Cake will wow friends and family at your next gathering. It will look like you spent hours making it, but it is so easy to make.
This layered ice cream cake is easy to make, but has a lot of steps. Don’t worry, the steps don’t take too long. And the cake you have at the end is totally worth all the effort.
Supplies needed to make a Layered Ice Cream Cake:
- You’ll need 12 ice cream sandwhiches
- 1/2 cup hot fudge
- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 small package of chocolate pudding
How to make a Layered Ice Cream Cake:
Begin by mixing 1 cup of the Cool Whip with 1/2 cup hot fudge, and the chocolate pudding. If this mixture becomes really think you can add up to 1/4 cup of milk. You want this thin enough to spread for a layer of your cake, but not runny.
Set the filling aside while you work on the ice cream sandwich layer.
Place 4 ice cream sandwiches next to each other. (Check out our video for more info on this part.)
Next, cover the ice cream sandwiches with half of the chocolate filling.
Add another layer of the ice cream sandwiches and cover with remaining chocolate filling.
Top it with a third layer of sandwiches. Frost the entire cake with remaining Cool Whip.
Cover and freeze for 4 hours to let is set together.
Cut into slices, serve and enjoy!
Easy Print Recipe:
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- ½ c. hot fudge
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- Mix 1 c. Cool Whip, ½ c. hot fudge, and pudding (dry) together.
- If it is really thick add up to ¼ c. of milk. You want it thin enough to spread.
- Set filling aside.
- Make the 1st layer by placing for ice cream sandwiches next to each other.
- Cover with half of the chocolate filling.
- Create a second layer with 4 more sandwiches and cover with remaining filling.
- Top with a third layer of sandwiches.
- Frost with remaining Cool Whip.
- Cover in foil and freeze for 4 hours.