These fruity popsicles are the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.
I don’t know about you but I am super excited for summer to almost be here! If it was up to me we would have summer 9 months out of the year and it would only snow on Christmas Eve. But since that will never happen I’ll just enjoy the weather while I can go. And what better way to enjoy summer than with a nice, cool treat.
Last summer our favorite treat were Otter Pops. We got the ones from Costco since they didn’t have high fructose corn syrup. What they still had was artificial colors. And as we quickly learned those artificial colors did a number on my boys. We’ve been working on getting all artificial colors out of our house. I knew as the temperatures started getting warmer my boys would want their favorite summer treats and I just couldn’t give those to them.
That’s where these these strawberry lemonade popsicles came from. Everything is all natural, no preservatives, no artificial colors and packed full of flavor. The sweetness of the strawberries mixes perfectly with the tartness of the lemonade and with only two ingredients they are super easy to make too.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ½ cup lemonade starter
- Combine two ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds and let freeze for at least 3-4 hours.
Some popsicle making tips:
- Don’t rush taking the popsicles out. I only let the first batch freeze for 2 hours and they fell apart and melted fast.
- The easiest way to get popsicles to come out of the molds smoothly is to run hot water along the outside and then slowly pull the sticks up.