We started our second year of Joy School this week, and it just happened to be at our house. Of course, late the night before I thought, “Do you know what we need? Lacing cards.”
The more I thought about it the more convinced I became that they were a necessity. For Joy School. For church. For car rides.
So I made some.
2. Enlarge to the size you want. Mine are each half page size.
3. Print on glossy photo paper. Glossy photo paper is tough. It was my solution to not having a laminator and they have held up well so far.
4. Cut around the shapes. Try not to cut out too much detail–smaller sections can be torn easier. But unless you have an unusually long hole punch, you’ll have to cut fairly close to the image.
5. Punch holes.
6. Use a fine Sharpie to draw straight lines between holes.
7. Tape one end of yarn on the back and wrap the loose end with tape to prevent fraying and it makes lacing easier for little fingers.