I LOVE banana baked goods. I’m sure you can tell by all the yummy banana recipes that I post. I think I buy bananas just so I can bake with them. Don’t tell my husband. 😉
These yummy Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins are amazing, and if you can believe it, pretty healthy too. There is no oil or flour so they make for a great snack or even breakfast. But you wouldn’t be able to tell by the taste. I had my girls fighting over these.
I like to throw all my ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, into my Blendtec and hit the batter button. It comes out so nice and smooth, you’d never know that there were oats in there.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place muffin liners in muffin pan and spray with cooking spray. Remember there isn't any oil so you'll need to spray so they don't stick.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, into a blender or food processor and mix on high until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each about ¾ full. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin. You can also mix them in prior to this, but I like to sprinkle so I can control how many are in each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
I love having these to grab on my way out the door running carpool in the morning. Who couldn’t use a quick grab and go healthy snack or breakfast option?
I think you’ll enjoy these as well.