If you are looking for the Best Darn Chili Recipe, here it is. This chili has the perfect combination of spices, beans, and meat. It’s darn near perfect chili.
I just love a good chili don’t you? But not all chili is created equal. I have gone into restaurants craving chili and end up disappointed because it’s too sweet, or too runny, or has too much spice.
Well, let me tell you, this really is the Best Darn Chili Recipe. Honestly it is. The best part about making it yourself, is you can add some extra spice if you want more of a kick. But the flavor of this chili really can’t be beat.
Wanna know the best part? It can be made in the crockpot or saved as a freezer meal. Life changer!
Here’s the Best Darn Chili Recipe:
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp stalk celery finely chopped or ½ celery salt
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 oz can diced green chili's
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 29 oz can diced tomatoes
- 29 oz can kidney beans with liquid
- 29 oz can pinto beans with liquid
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper optional for added heat
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over med-high heat.
- Chop celery and onion and add large pot and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, making sure to add in the liquid from the beans.
- Add in cayenne pepper if you want more heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until warm through.
- If cooking in a crock-pot, cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 8 hours.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream. You could also top with chives.
This chili would be so yummy served with Nikkala’s Sunday Roll Recipe.