Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is perfect for those days where you want to toss some thing in the crockpot and not worry about it later.
I’m always looking for meals that are easy, delicious, and quick. If you are anything like me, slow cooker, or crockpot meals, meet all three of these objectives. I’m always looking for new meals and once I tasted this yummy Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup that my sister made, I knew it was a winner.
What You’ll Need for Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- about 4 lbs of Russet Potatoes
- chicken broth
- evaporated milk
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
Anything else you like to add to a baked potato would be yummy in this soup. In our house, we load on the bacon and cheese and think it so tasty.
I like to serve it with a warm dinner roll, and a green salad. Just to add in some veggies.
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 3½ to 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 8 medium potatoes)
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion, or 1 tsp. dried onion powder
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 1 can evaporated milk
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 oz. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, diced
- Add diced potatoes, onion, chicken broth, evaporated milk to 6 or 7-quart slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on High heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours. (Using a fork, poke potatoes to make sure they are done.)
- Ladle out 2 cups of the liquid from the slow cooker, into a measuring cup. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, make a white sauce using ⅓ cup butter and ⅓ cup flour.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the 2 cups of liquid while whisking. Continue whisking until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour white sauce mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher to break down into smaller pieces.
- Cover and cook on High heat another 10 minutes to thicken.
- Turn heat off and stir in sour cream.
- Serve warm topped with cheddar, bacon, and green onions.