If you are needing a fix it and forget it dinner idea, Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Enchiladas is the one for you. This delicious and flavorful recipe is a favorite of kids and adults.
Everyone loves a good slow cooker recipe. I especially love the kind that makes something as yummy as these Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Enchiladas. Cooking the chicken in a slow cooker makes it super tender and moist. All the salsa and spice flavors seep into the chicken and make each bite amazing. Then you roll that yummy chicken into a tortilla with cheese and top with delicious enchilada sauce and more cheese. Is your mouth watering yet? So good.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe.
Here’s how to make the Salsa Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) jar of your favorite salsa
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Just toss the chicken in the crockpot and add all the other ingredients on top of the chicken. Cook for 4-6 hours on low, or 2-3 on high. Shred the chicken when done.
Now this chicken can be used in many different recipes. Our family favorite is to make enchiladas. You could also add this to tacos, quesadillas, or even chimichangas. I will make this chicken in bulk so I can freeze it and pull it out for other meals.
If you are making enchiladas you will need:
1 (10 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
1 cup cheddar or Mexican mix cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheddar or Mexican mix cheese
- Spray slow cooker with not-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker, top with salsa, taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- When chicken is done cooking, shred chicken. Preheat oven to 350. Place ½ - ¾ cup of chicken mixture on tortillas, add in some cheese, rollup and place in greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Top enchiladas with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchilada sauce is bubbling.
- Top with your favorite enchilada toppings like, avocado, olives, onions, lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with green salad and rice and beans.
For more dinner recipes try: