For a delicious and meatless meal, try this classic Manicotti recipe. It is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
I’m excited to share a family favorite meal with you today. Manicotti is one of those recipes that I love but don’t think about making as often as I should. I’m not sure why because my family eats it up.
If you haven’t made it before, or if you are looking for a great recipe, look no further. This one is sure to be a hit!
- 14 pieces of manicotti, uncooked
- 1 /34 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 cups (about a 28 oz jar) of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta according to package direction; drain.
- Cool in single layer on foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper; spoon into cooled pasta tubes.
- Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of baking dish; arrange filled past in a single latter over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until the it looks hot and bubbly.
- This makes a lot, so I usually make 2 8x8 pans and freeze one for another night.
- If baking from frozen; bake at 350 for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
I like to serve this with a side of french bread and green salad.
This recipe makes a lot for my family of five, so I will make 2 pans and freeze one. I’ve include the instructions for that in the recipe.
Instead of freezing, you could take the extra meal to someone else. Everyone loves to have dinner made for them.
For more dinner ideas see: