This Poppyseed Chicken Casserole is a staple in our home. The creamy chicken sauce and crunchy buttery crackers, served over warm rice is comfort food at its best.
Seriously, if you are looking for something to make for dinner, that is easy, but tastes delicious, look no further.
My girls beg for this meal each week. They even love to help make it. Especially the part where they get to crush the crackers.
I like to double this and save one as a freezer meal. Then I can have it on a crazy night, or take it to someone who needs a meal.
- 4 chicken breasts cooked/shredded
- ¼ tsp Garlic, granulated
- 1 Can Cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 tbsp Poppyseed
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- ½ stick Butter, melted
- 8 oz Sour cream
- In a bowl mix the cream of chicken soup, garlic, and sour cream together.
- Add in chicken and mix.
- Place chicken mixture into baking dish.
- Place crushed Ritz crackers into a bowl and pour melted butter over top.
- Add in poppy seeds and mix together.
- Spoon over top of the chicken mixture.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
So give this recipe a try tonight and you’ll be happy you did.
For more dinner inspiration check out: