Hi Crafting Chicks readers, I’m Becky from Bite of Delight, and I’m so excited to be part of the Summer Series! One of our favorite ways to kick off summer is with rich and creamy homemade ice cream. But when you combine ice cream with another one of our summer favorites (s’mores!) you get the ultimate summertime dessert! To sweeten this a little more, I’ve made it no churn, so it’s super simple to make and doesn’t require any special kitchen gadgets. Not only that, but once you taste this delicious, creamy treat, you’ll suddenly want to go backyard camping with the kids!
No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- dash salt
- 3 oz chocolate, chopped (I used 2 (1.55 oz) Hershey bars)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers
- hot fudge for drizzling
- On a lined cookie sheet, toast the marshmallows under a hot broiler until they are golden. Let cool.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and dash of salt to a medium mixing bowl. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Add the chopped chocolate, half of the toasted marshmallows, and 3 graham crackers (broken into pieces) to the whipped cream mixture.
- In a freezer-safe container (I used a 9×5 bread pan), pour half of the mixture. Spread evenly in the container, then add half of the remaining marshmallows, and pieces from half of the remaining cracker. Drizzle with slightly warmed hot fudge (only warm it enough to get it to a drizzling consistency, it should not be hot).
- Spread the remaining half of the whipped cream mixture into the pan. Add the remaining marshmallows, remaining graham cracker (broken into pieces), and drizzle with more of the warmed hot fudge.
- Cover well and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Any freezer-safe container will work: bread pan, glass or ceramic baking dish, plastic storage container, etc.
- Marshmallow lovers can add up to 2 cups of toasted marshmallows (we decided on 1 1/2 cups because my quality control foreman (husband) thought 2 cups was too much…but my marshmallow-loving friend thought 2 cups was just barely enough)
- The graham crackers soften in the ice cream. If you want crunchy graham crackers in your ice cream, add additional crackers when serving.
Becky blogs over at Bite of Delight. She is wife to one, mama to four, and spends a ridiculous amount of time cleaning the kitchen…where she spends most of her time cooking up something new! When she’s not cooking (or doing dishes), you can find her running, reading, or trying to keep up with her kids. Follow along on her adventures, she’s always cooking up something fun!