With just 4 ingredients – 5 if you want frosting – this is the Easiest Black Forest Cake Recipe ever! Rich chocolate and tart cherries are the perfect pair in this unbelievably delicious cake!
Happy February, friends! I hope 2018 has treated you well. Speaking of treats – see what I did there?! – it’s Keri from Shaken Together back with another easy peasy dessert recipe!
Black Forest Cake Recipe
Since February is the month of love, what says love more than a decadent chocolate cake swirled with tart cherries and just a hint of almond flavor? This black forest cake is uncomplicated, made with ingredients you can keep stocked in your pantry and fridge and comes straight from my family recipe archives!
This is the kind of easy cake recipe that you can whip up for unexpected company or just when that sweet tooth must be satisfied. Or Tuesdays. This is the perfect just because I want cake on a Tuesday cake 😉
- One 15.2 oz box of devil's food cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently stir the 4 ingredients together by hand until thoroughly combined. (A mixer will break up the cherries.)
- Spread cake batter evenly in baking dish.
- Bake 25 - 29 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool, cut into squares and top with whipped topping or whipped cream.
The cake bakes up light and springy, the cherries provide a pop of tart fruit flavor and the almond dresses up a basic chocolate cake with another layer of flavor. No one has to know just how easy this chocolate cherry cake it to make!
Believe it or not, this cake is pretty tasty as is. But, if you want to add a little more decadence and deliciousness, here are a few ways to top the Easiest Black Forest Cake:
- Chocolate whipped cream
- Whipped topping & chocolate curls
- Warm hot fudge drizzled over the cake
- Whipped cream and a dollop of extra cherry pie filling (or better yet, a gorgeous fresh cherry)
- Vanilla ice cream
**Don’t forget to pin this to your easy dessert, chocolate or sweet treats Pinterest boards!**