Nilla Wafer Thanksgiving Turkeys are cookies sandwiched together with peanut butter, dipped in chocolate, and decorated with fall colored M&Ms, candy corn, and candy eyes, all on a popsicle stick! So fun for the kids and festive for the Thanksgiving table!
Hi! I’m Melissa from Persnickety Plates and I’m excited to be here today to share this fun treat that is perfect for the Thanksgiving table or Friendsgiving parties! What kid doesn’t like a treat on a stick?
NILLA WAFER THANKSGIVING TURKEYS
First, gather your supplies. Stores are brimming with fun fall-themed candy and treats. I picked up the fall colored M&Ms at Target (to use for the feathers) and the caramel apple candy corn at Five Below (to use for the beaks).
How cute is this little guy with the turkey looming over his shoulder?!
I picked up the popsicle sticks at the dollar store though I’m sure any crafting store would have them. I’ve seen the candy eyes at most any grocery store or Target.
I like to use Ghirardelli baking chips, they melt really nicely and make for smooth chocolate, but I’ve also used their melting wafers and they work well, too. Whatever chocolate chips you have on hand will be just fine, I’m sure 🙂
- Nilla wafers
- creamy peanut butter
- chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers
- fall colored M&Ms
- candy eyes
- candy corn
- popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and lay out all your supplies.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter onto the back of one Nilla wafer.
- Lay a popsicle stick into the peanut butter then add a small amount of peanut butter onto the stick (for "glue").
- Sandwich another Nilla wafer on top.
- Repeat for as many turkeys as you want to make.
- Place into the fridge or freezer for a bit so they firm up.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers and heat for 1 minute, stir, then microwave another 30 seconds, repeating as necessary until fully melted. Let cool slightly - it'll be easier to work with.
- Use a spatula to spread a tiny bit of chocolate onto the wax paper to make "feet" for your turkey (if you want them to stand up).
- Spread chocolate onto the front of one of the Nilla wafers (to make the face).
- Add the M&Ms (feathers), eyes, and candy corn nose). Then stand it onto the pre-made base/feet.
- Repeat for as many as you want to make.
- Let set and enjoy! Store in the fridge.
Thank you so much for having me & enjoy the holiday season!