{Photo Magnets}

I made these cute photo magnets for my mom. I had saved some of these frozen juice can tops, (I know why am I saving such things) but… I did come up with a few fun ways to use these tops.

Here are the steps to make the photo magnets:

First, digi scrap the circle with a photo, (I used papers from the Modish Boy kit and Bella Kit at Shabby Princess)-but you could use regular scrapbook paper and a photo.

Second, print and cut out the circles. I then inked the edges a bit.

Third, Mod Podge the circles on the metal top. Let dry.

And last, add a magnet to the back with hot glue.
And… you have an adorable magnet with a picture of your little one!

I also thought of other ideas:
*Make one for each of your children with a photo of just them. Use this special magnet to display their artwork that they bring home!! I will be making these for my kiddos sometime soon.
*Also, you could save these juice can tops, and use them instead of the chipboard squares in my photo memory game.

Comments

I save things like that too, then throw them out just before I find a super good use for them. Those are darling. Thank you for such a simple and darling idea!

I made some christmas tree ornaments with a full family photo for all my siblings and their families. I also made them a fridge magnet. Instead of the ceramic magnet I used those rectangular business card magnets that come free on the phone book or all sorts of other places. I just cut them into squares to fit on the back of the circles and used e6000 to glue them on. The magnet sits nice and flush on the fridge. Also, I didn’t have frozen juice lids but I used wide mouth mason jar lids and a 2″ circle punch. Very cute :)

You’ve got to be kidding me? Fantastic! Genius. Darling. I’m gonna give it a go for my Mom. She loves putting photos on her fridge, but it always looks so cluttered. This way, it’ll at least look cohesive & she’ll adore it!

4. Theresa Eldridge says

Where did you get the template you used for your circles to make them the perfect size? This is awesome btw!!!

5. Pam Emerson says

Ok, this is awesome. I don’t drink a lot of juice, but I do have “tin” cans like beans/corn, that sort of thing. My can opener is the kind that takes the top off without having sharp corners. I think this would work using those lids, too! thanks for the great idea ;)

6. Crafty grandma says

Great idea LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing – great to hold the grand-children’s art work – or for mom – each one will know what chore they have to do if they have their list held up with their photo!!!!

7. haleymax says

These could be made for Father’s day as they would fit most file cabinets. If no metal file cabinet use a strip of crafting metal from the craft store punched with a hole for hanging on the wall. This way you could use a marker under the photo magnet to write the name of the person/s in the photo. As they grow up the pictures could be easily changed.

8. haleymax says

9. Erma Ward says

I made a “family mobile” with the juice can lids. The lids are a little larger and can hold a nice sized photo. Punched holes in lids made a cute colorful bow at top of lid and strung with heavy fish line to a brass hoop. On the reverse side glue a round circle and write something wonderful about each person. Everyone likes to see their photo. Cute for the family room.
    LIST of NEEDS: A lid for each family member, nail to punch lid hole, ribbon or small ribbon flower for decoration, heavy fish line, brass hoop, paper circles for comments.

10. Erma Ward says

Make a family photo mobile with can lids. On the front glue picture. Use reverse side to write fun things about each member, glue on. punch hole in top of lid, string with heavy fish line and tie onto brass ring. Hang at different lengths. Everyone will enjoy them.