Today I’m bringing you a DIY I’ve been wanting to try FOREVER! I love all things marbled so I knew I wanted to make these for my patio. I’m so happy with how they turned out. And I’m always thrilled when a project uses things I already have on hand. So grab some spare planters and pots and let’s get started!
I started out by painting the pots with my favorite Deco Art craft paints. I let them dry for 24 hours. If you have a plain white planter or any other color you are happy with then just skip this step!
- Bowl of water big enough to fit planter pots in
- Nail polish in your favorite colors. 2 colors work well together.
- Planters or pots
- Optional: Clear Seal Coat
- Pour your nail polish into the water. It will kind of float on top of the water.
- Use a toothpick to swirl it around and make a marble affect.
- Dip your planter in the nail polish water.
- Set planter/pot on towel to dry (Don’t use a paper towel like I did or the paper towel will dry and stick to the planter.)
- Let dry for 6-10 hours.
- Optional: Spray a seal coat on to seal and protect from the weather. (Rustoleum makes a great one)
Now I need planting lessons. I bought these Marigolds thinking they would be so cute. I think they actually kind of look like I threw dandelions in there!! Whoops! I need to find a good gardening blog or book and start studying! Thanks for following along I hope you have so much fun making your own planters in your favorite color combos.
For more Outdoor Art ideas check this out!