Well, Hello Summer. Summer break is a great time to connect with your kiddos, but let’s be honest… sometimes it can feel overwhelming. Below is one simple tip to help keep your summer running smoothly!
Let me introduce you to your secret parenting weapon, your key to success, a simple solution for a smooth summer with the kids…
YES. Ice-cream is the answer. Here’s the catch, your kids will have to “work for it.”
Sweetness Mandala Printable
Check out the details of this simple parenting approach:
- Print a copy of this Sweetness Mandala Chart (PDF) and hang it on your fridge.
- Each time your child performs a requested task, have them color in a section of the printable.
- When the mandala chart is complete, take your little one out on the town for some ice-cream to celebrate.
What’s great about this positive parenting concept is the versatility. This approach can be used to accomplish a variety of goals:
- Get your kids to complete their chores
- Stop sibling bickering and fighting // Learn more
- Reward little ones for being Mama’s Helper
- Get your children to eat their veggies // Get additional tips
- Reward quiet time when you’re working on a DIY project
Not keen on painting the town yellow? Here are a few creative at-home ice-cream alternatives you could use as a reward:
- Make homemade ice-cream in a bag // See full instructions
- Create a summertime ice-cream snowman // How cute is he?
- Make homemade popsicles // Check out these 7 must-try recipes
- Host a special yogurt topping bar for the family // Get all the details
- Make store bought ice-cream special // Eat it in the pool with the kids
In the end, the true reward is spending some special time with you.
Ready to get started? Download the free printable here…
Don’t miss the next post from the Mother Hen’s Summer Survival Guide. Follow the Crafting Chicks on Facebook and stay tuned for summer learning activities, crafts, recipes, printables and more!
Meet Zina Harrington
Zina is the author of Let’s Lasso the Moon, where she inspires parents and children to interact creatively and enjoy the beauty of everyday moments.
Pin it for later:
Be sure to check out the other posts in the Ice Cream Week series!