Are you familiar with Mint Brownies? You know, the ones with the green layer? For some reason the green mint always reminds me of toothpaste, and if there’s one thing I don’t want with my brownie it is toothpaste! These Candy Cane Brownies have all the peppermint goodness, but with a soft pink center!
The key is Peppermint Kisses! But before I get ahead of myself, you’ll first need your favorite brownie recipe as the base. And if you want to know a little secret, this is my favorite brownie recipe–BUT I use a box mix for these. Thank you Betty Crocker!
Whichever way you decide to go, homemade or from the box just make sure you’ve got a 9×13″ pan of brownies to work with.
For the filling you’ll need 36-48 unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses. Melt in the microwave 20 seconds at a time, stir in between nuking. The red stripes melt into pink and the little bit of peppermint remain.
Once the kisses are melted you’ll mix with 2 c. powdered sugar, 4 Tbsp. softened butter, 1-2 Tbsp. milk. And a drop or two of pink food coloring if you want it more pink.
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. softened butter
- 36-48 melted Candy Cane Kisses
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. real butter
- Combine all frosting ingredients, starting with 1 Tbsp. milk and add more if needed, a teaspoon at a time. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies and then place brownies in fridge to chill.
- While brownies are chilling, melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes then carefully spread on top of the peppermint frosting layer. Return to fridge until chocolate has hardened.