Hi! My name is Emily and I blog all the things (but mostly food) over at is this REALLY my life?. I love, love, LOVE being a part of any project the Crafting Chicks put together. These gals are amazingly talented and absolutely beautiful inside and out. When they asked if I’d be interested in participating in this year’s Bloggers’ Best: 12 Days of Christmas Edition, I was like, heck YES!
It’s like being asked if I would mind a lifetime supply of Diet Coke. And a mini fridge to go with it.
I was lucky enough to snag Day 10, also known as “Lords a Leaping Day.” You may not think this the best day for a foodie when “Maids a Milking” (gourmet hot cocoa?), “Partridge in a Pear Tree” (pear tart?) or “Geese a Laying” (breakfast quiche?) would work so much better. But one of my favorite flavors is “grasshopper”—you know, that absolutely divine combination of mint and chocolate. And what better day to pair grasshopper deliciousness than with a day featuring a ton of leaping.
It is what grasshoppers do best.
Today I bring you what is quite possibly the most decadent chocolate cookie you’ll ever eat. These triple chocolate grasshopper cookies feature three types of chocolate: a chewy chocolate cookie filled with semisweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. In fact, they really have four types of chocolate if you count the melted Andes Chocolate Mints on top.
Hold me now.
We took these grasshopper cookies to a family party a couple weeks ago and they were a huge hit. But you definitely have to love chocolate—and have a high tolerance for decadence—because these triple chocolate grasshopper cookies have both in spades.
One bite of these triple chocolate grasshopper cookies and you’ll be hooked. Super easy to make, super easy to inhale and a super easy way to impress family and friends during the holidays. And I’m all about impressing when it comes to food. Enjoy!
Decadent Triple Chocolate Grasshopper Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 (4.67-oz) packages Andes Creme De Menthe Thins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set.
- Remove from oven and gently place an unwrapped Andes Creme De Menthe Thin on top of each cookie. Wait about a minute until mint thins have begun to melt. Gently spread the melted mints over the top of the cookies.
- Let cool 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you’re a fan of decadence (and chocolate and cookie dough), you simply must try these cookie dough pretzel bites. They are divine.