Hi everyone! It’s Kimberly from Get Away Today. Have you ever considered a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood for the holidays? Giving the gift of a vacation for the holidays is a wonderful way to create family memories.
Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood
While the exact dates for the Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood haven’t yet been released, they typically start mid-November and run until the first week of January. When we get those details, we’ll be sure to update here!
Holidays at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
If you’re a Harry Potter fan, then you know Christmas is a pretty magical time in Hogwarts. Universal makes it all come to life with seasonal decor in Hogsmeade and on the facade of Hogwarts Castle. You’ll find festive foods, limited-time attractions and more during Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle: In the evenings, Hogwarts Castle becomes the backdrop for a dazzling light and projection show. Featuring evergreen boughs, snow, enchantments and Holiday music.
- Snowfall: Be mesmerized by falling snow in California! Nothing’s impossible during Christmas in The Wizarding World. After the light show on the Castle, stick around for the falling snow.
- Holiday Frog Choir: This hoppin’ music group debuts Holiday-themed songs to get you into the spirit of the season.
- Holiday menu items: Have you ever tried warm Butterbeer? It’s served during the Holidays so you can cozy up in Three Broomsticks and enjoy a feast including turkey, cranberry sauce and veggies.
- Holiday souvenirs: During the Holidays, look for seasonal souvenirs including tree toppers, stockings, ornaments and more.
Holidays at Grinchmas
Chances are you grew up with some version of the tale of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. If you’d like to relive those memories and pass on the tradition to your own family, then you’ll want to check out Grinchmas at Universal Studios Hollywood. Everyone’s favorite green Whoville resident is accompanied by his loyal pup Max during the Holiday festivities. Cindy Lou Who and friends will also be attendance during the Grinchmas celebration, where you’ll find the following:
- 60-foot Christmas tree: Starting each afternoon, every 30 minutes there will be a Whoville Christmas tree lighting. The celebration will be capped off with snowfall.
- Live performances: Wholiday singers and Martha May and the Who-Dolls bring the beats during the Christmas tree lighting.
- Caroling: Be prepared to join in the festivities with classic Holiday songs.
- Treats: Look for Wholiday cookies, Hanukkah cookies and Grinch-inspired cupcakes and doughnuts.
Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood – EVE
Ring in the New Year with some of your favorite Universal Studios characters. On December 31, 2019, Universal Studios Hollywood will be open 8:00am – 2:00am, although some rides and attractions will close earlier. EVE kicks off at 9:00pm, and here’s what you can expect.
- EVE admission is included with daytime theme park admission for December 31, 2019. You can also purchase an Ultimate EVE Package, which includes valet parking, a VIP entrance at 6:00pm, dinner and reserved seating for fireworks. The Ultimate EVE Package also includes Universal Express access for all rides and attractions.
- Live DJs: Look for music in Simpsons Plaza, the Lower Lot and Universal Plaza.
- Specialty food and drink: Many vendors and restaurants will be open for EVE. Starting around 9:00pm, limited-edition desserts will be available for purchase to commemorate the New Year.
- Fireworks displays
- EVE-themed merchandise
So you can plan accordingly, here’s a list of closing times for regular rides and attractions during EVE:
- Last Animal Actors performance is at 5:45 pm
- Last Special Effects Show performance is at 7:15 pm
- The Walking Dead closes at 7:40 pm
- Last WaterWorld performance is at 8:35 pm
- Last Studio Tour departs at 9:00 pm
- Super Silly Fun Land closes at 10:00 pm
- Last The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle performance is at 12:05 am, following the end of the fireworks display.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey closes at 11:15 pm
Plan your Universal Studios Hollywood Holiday Now
If you’re ready to start planning a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood for the Holidays, you can book now for as low as $175 down with Get Away Today. With their interest-free Layaway Plan, you can make flexible payments up until five days before you travel. Our travel specialists are ready to take the stress out of the Holidays by helping you plan your family trip! See all our vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or give us a call at 855-GET-AWAY. Use promo code CraftingChicks for an additional $10 in savings when you book your Southern California vacation package.