My soon to be 3rd grader refuses to eat school lunch, in fact he doesn’t eat much besides peanut butter and grape jelly–it must be jelly and it must be grape–or if he’s feeling daring he’ll take peanut butter and honey. He’s perfectly content eating this every single day and often asked for the same thing on non-school days (gag). I’ve found that having good reusable containers saves us money in the long run, and I don’t have the early morning panic when we’re out of sandwich bags. Plus it’s a small step in the direction of being earth contentious. Some links below are affiliate links.
1. EasyLunchboxes 3-compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers (Set of 4) – because touching food is bad, this container is great at keeping everything separated!
2. Rubbermaid Litterless Juice Box – sure there are more expensive water bottles out there, but the square shape fits nicely in lunch boxes and it comes with a small price tag
3. Klip-It Sandwich Box – picked a few of sandwich boxes up in Target’s Dollar Spot last year, but couldn’t find them this year
4. Sporks – another item I found in Targets Dollar Spot, but the price on this set is pretty low
5. Reusable Sandwich and Snack Bag Set-Monkey – I’ve never actually used the reusable bags but have friends that love them
6. Slim Lunch Ice Packs – the thinness leaves more room for food in the lunchbox!
Sending such a boring lunch is more torturous for me that it is for him, so in the last 2 years we’ve collected some things to add a little excitement to his lunches. Most of our crust cutters have come from Dollar Tree or Target’s Dollar Spot so keep your eyes open!7. Stainless Steel Vegetable Cutters – we don’t have these, but I’m ordering a set for this year
8. Sweet Bytes Crust Cutter – cuts 2 cute heart shapes
9. Wilton Food Markers – decorate boring sandwiches with pictures or little notes like “good luck” on test day
10. Kotobuki Egg Molds – turn hard boiled eggs into cute little critters
11. Fred and Friends Mustached Shaped Crust Cutter – pretty sure it’s impossible to not play with your food when you’ve got mustaches in front of you.
12. Dinosaur Shaped Crust Cutter -for the dino lovers
13. Munchkin 3 Piece Silly Sandwich Cutter – another crust cutter, but this 3 pack is very reasonably priced
If you’re child is a more adventurous eater you should check out our school lunch pinboard – full of fun ideas to keep lunch exciting!