This Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe melts in your mouth and is always a hit at any party, and you don’t have to feel quite so guilty because, hey, it has veggies inside!
Today I thought I’d share a favorite recipe from a good friend that I’ve made A LOT over the last several weeks. Probably a lot more than I should! You NEED this recipe. Plus it’s been fun to use zucchinis from our own garden. My kids get a kick out of that.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
It usually takes about 1 large zucchini. I wash it, cut it and grate it in my food processor with the skin on. I also drain off most of the water
from the zucchini once it’s grated.
Mix the eggs and sugar together until smooth.
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Add all wet ingredients then add all dry ingredients. Then add the grated zucchini and mix well.
Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
Sprinkle these next three ingredients on top before you bake the cake.
Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes (may take a little longer, depending on your oven). Mine usually takes at least 45 minutes to finish.
If you find you have an abundance of zucchini from your summer gardens, this is a delicious way to use them up. I also like to grate the zucchini, measure it out into 2-cup portions and freeze in ziplock baggies so I can enjoy this recipe even when the plants have withered away come Fall.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. milk
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. butter or margarine (softened)
- 2 ½ c. flour
- ¼ c. cocoa
- 1 t. soda
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 c. grated zucchini
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix the eggs and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together.
- Then add the grated zucchini and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13" greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips, brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes, or until done.