If you need a delicious treat you’ve gotta give this S’mores Cupcake Recipe a try. The perfect blend of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. This cupcake is sure to be hit at your next party.
S’mores Cupcake Recipe
If you are a S’mores lover like me, these cupcakes are a MUST have. The best part is these cupcakes are made with a doctored cake mix recipe.
Our S’more Cupcakes have a graham cracker bottom and a marshmallow filling. Start with a basic devil’s food cake mix and add a few ingredients for a delicious cake and then fill with marshmallow cream! Top with your favorite chocolate buttercream frosting recipe.
- 1¼ c. graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. melted butter
- 1 Devils Food cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. oil
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. warm water
- marshmallow cream
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide between cupcakes and press into cupcake lines. Back at 375 for 6 minutes.
- While those are in the oven, mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, sour cream and water. After the graham cracker crust comes out of the oven, use a cookie scoop to scoop cake batter on top of the graham cracker crust. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, fill a pastry bag with marshmallow cream fitted with a round tip. Insert tip into the cupcake and squeeze to create a marshmallow filled cupcake. If you don't have a pastry bag you can cut out a small circle in the top of the cupcake and fill the hole with marshmallow cream.
- Top with your favorite chocolate buttercream frosting.
To decorate we added little squares of chocolate, Golden Graham cereal and marshmallows.
Served in buffalo plaid cupcake liners on the buffalo plaid tiered tray from Oriental Trading.
We served these cupcakes as part of our Winter Wonderland Party.
You can see more of the party here: