Today I’m so excited to share a fun and pretty DIY with you. My kids went crazy for this Water Gun Painting. It’s perfect for a hot Summer day. And don’t underestimate the beauty and art that can come from these water gun painting master pieces! I framed mine and I’m so in love.
So let’s get to the tutorial!
- Squirt guns
- Your favorite paint (I love Deco Art craft paints!)
- Soap/Sanitizer pump dispenser
- Pour about 1/2 cup of water into a cup and squirt in a couple heavy squirts of the craft paint.
- Stir well with a spoon.
- Grab your soap or hand sanitizer dispenser and use to it put the paint into the water gun. You will need to push that little plastic water holder out of the way the best you can. You could also try using a medicine syringe but I found this to work much better with less mess. It goes fast once you get in the groove.
- Put plastic closure piece back into gun hole.
- Shake gun well and set aside.
- Label the guns so you know what color is in each. I skipped this step by matching the paint to the guns to begin with.
- Have your kids wear clothes that aren’t important or that won’t matter if they get stained. We actually didn’t have any paint spills but I could see this turning into a big paint war!
- Hang your card stock on the fence or put it on the grass and let the kids (or you) go at it!
Who knew these would turn out so pretty? I had to pick my favorite and frame it!
it’s the perfect addition to my bedroom!
Good luck painting!