Did you know that just by adding at humidifier to your home, you can make it a healthier place? Here are some great things a humidifier can do for your family.
I remember as a girl as soon as I got sick, my mom would place the humidifier right next to my bed. I loved feeling that steam on my face and the sound would lull me to sleep. Now that I’m a mom I have done the same thing with my girls. The only difference is now I’ve done some research and have found out the best humidifiers and what a good humidifier can do for your home.
Here are my top 5 favorite things a humidifier can do in your home.
- Beautiful Skin: Yes, I started off with the one benefit that makes me happy. Hello youthful looking skin. Having extra moisture in the air help you keep a glow. It will also help protect against chapped lips and dry hands.
- Recovery Quicker From Sickness: When you have a cold, allergies or asthmas your nasal passages and throat can get dry pretty fast. Having a humidifier around will help to keep your nasal passages and your throat lubricated and so you are able to get better quicker. It will also help reduce symptoms like coughing and sneezing.
- Improved Sleep: You read that right. See when we sleep and the air is dry we, or our partner, can snore. A humidifier can help by keeping your throat lubricated so you won’t have as much of that dry mouth breathing.
- Reduce Heating Bill: By adding moisture to your home your air will feel warmer. So you can lower your thermostat and know one will feel a difference.
- Reduce Sickness In Your Home: Viruses and bacteria don’t travel as well in moist air. A humidifier could could help keep your family healthier this winter. Add in an air purifier to the humidifier to rid your home of even more bacteria and viruses.
So you may be wondering why I know all these crazy things about humidifiers.
About 5 years ago my oldest started to get hives. We couldn’t figure out where they came from. We had her allergy tested with no results. I started looking into humidifiers and air purifiers thinking that maybe if the air was cleaner this wouldn’t happen. There are so many options out there but my favorite was the Venta Airwasher. It is a humidifier and air purifier all in one.
This unit works on a room that is up to 800 square feet. It is nice and quiet but still gives me that slight white noise sound that I love to fall asleep to.
This is filterless system that is easy to use. You can also purchase some aromatherapy to put in the Airwasher. I love that added bonus of not having to have a candle or something else to make my air smell good.
What have you done in your home to make the air healthier? I’d love to hear.
This post may contain affiliate links. I was provided an Airwash for a review. All opinions and thoughts are my own.